Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everything you see in the press is pure speculation based on the lies Ashley obviously told in his interview with Sky, nobody said a word about it until this time, and I don't buy the Edwards crack of "knowing beforehand but sitting on the info because nobody would believe me" craic they are all the same, if he had a sniff of that he would have broke it immediately to sell papers and get clicks.

If we do end up selling the club down the line it will be out of the blue just like pretty much everything this club does is, for good or bad.

[emoji38] Just wait to see if there's any craic tomorrow. Still refusing to get hopes up, news of the Staveley bid that was thought to be the decisive one was reported exactly one year ago to the day, despite the differences between both sagas.

The one that Ashley never once came out and said there was any possibility in and in fact came out slagging her off. Think big difference between then and now and that’s why I’m more encouraged.

Well that’s a pile of shite as his main backers are worth 18 billion. If someone says they couldn’t agree a deal ok but to say their 100 million short what a load of bollocks  It’s the Sun though shouldn’t expect less

Have a look at Douglas article in the Chronicle or Edwards article, Sky article and few others out there not sure there’s any articles saying they are just advising. Like you not trying to be funny just what I believe they are putting across from the articles I’ve read and never got the impression of just advising

Thanks ElCid[/member] just had a quick read and it seems like facts are thin on the ground at this point.

You are right there mind there is certainly nothing concrete and that’s always the problem with Ashley

They can go on about it being "different this time" all they like. IMHO it's all still a pile of steaming bollocks and Ashley most certainly will not be selling the club. If he were to ever sell it, I don't see it being played out in public like this. He has a stealth, almost under-handed, way of doing things. His connections to Kenyon are suspicious to me, especially that Kenyon's is the only name mentioned publicly anywhere.

The only slight glimmer of hope I see is how much damage he's taking on the retail/SD side of things and may become desperate to raise the cash from the sale of the club.

[emoji38] Just wait to see if there's any craic tomorrow. Still refusing to get hopes up, news of the Staveley bid that was thought to be the decisive one was reported exactly one year ago to the day, despite the differences between both sagas.

The one that Ashley never once came out and said there was any possibility in and in fact came out slagging her off. Think big difference between then and now and that’s why I’m more encouraged.

I'm more encouraged this time too tbf but I still refuse to get hopes up until it's confirmed. I personally think that story in the Sun is bollocks as why would Kenyon go through due diligence etc with only £200m? Also, it's the Sun, the worst paper in the UK.