Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Guest firetotheworks

I took it as meaning we win the cup and whatever further impact that has on out timeline tbh, not just we won the cup and everything else is the same.

This would have been a lot harder to answer back when it felt like the F.A Cup meant anything.

:yao: i can't believe some of these comments like.

Winning the FA Cup would be the best day of my life, as would winning the league cup.

One player over a trophy for the club we all support :lol:

Don't get people me.

1995-96 title > Shearer

98, 99, 00 or 05 FA Cup < Shearer

For me, anyway.

You weren't even born you bellend

:lol: Ageism. Get in.

We'll have the last laugh when we are all dead, and you are eking out the rest of your existence in a post-civilization hell.

A hell caused by you auld bastards.

Guest neesy111

1995-96 title > Shearer

For me, anyway.

We'll have the last laugh when we are all dead, and you are eking out the rest of your existence in a post-civilization hell.

Pipe down youngin.

1995-96 title > Shearer

For me, anyway.

Nothing more satisfying than shitting on your future.

1995-96 title > Shearer

For me, anyway.

Nothing more satisfying than shitting on your future.

Now that's what should've been on the side of the bus.

Guest firetotheworks

1995-96 title > Shearer

For me, anyway.

A hell caused by you auld b******s.

:lol: That was our parent's generation, don't blame us.

This would have been a lot harder to answer back when it felt like the F.A Cup meant anything.

:yao: i can't believe some of these comments like.

Winning the FA Cup would be the best day of my life, as would winning the league cup.

One player over a trophy for the club we all support :lol:

Don't get people me.

Yeah, some people have different opinions to you. Really hard to grasp that concept.

I don't think I'd take an FA cup over Shearer... Think. It's not just him being here for 10 years but it's the club that him being here created, and maintained. Yeah we won fuck all and we went through shitty periods, but fuck me that spirit in the fanbase him being here created was brilliant, man. Shearer leading us in the Champions League and being England's leading man was a really proud time. Then him and Bobby together, man. Commanding. I'd take the 95-96 title and Les staying here longer over Shearer joining, I think that would have just been spectacular. But yeah, those 10 years not just with him, but as a club, were brilliant.

I still don't think his legacy is done here, mind. I think when Ashley finally goes, at some point he'll be back in some part.

I don't think I'd take an FA cup over Shearer... Think. It's not just him being here for 10 years but it's the club that him being here created, and maintained. Yeah we won f*** all and we went through shitty periods, but f*** me that spirit in the fanbase him being here created was brilliant, man. Shearer leading us in the Champions League and being England's leading man was a really proud time. Then him and Bobby together, man. Commanding. I'd take the 95-96 title and Les staying here longer over Shearer joining, I think that would have just been spectacular. But yeah, those 10 years not just with him, but as a club, were brilliant.

I still don't think his legacy is done here, mind. I think when Ashley finally goes, at some point he'll be back in some part.

Totally agree. I think he's got all the attributes of a good manager (those who say he took us down, we've been down under Rafa too).  There's no way he'd come and manage under the FCB, but if/when the fat cunt fucks off, I feel that Shearer could be our next Keegan.

Nah, can't see him ever managing the club again. My guess is that he's made his peace with that also. Maybe the youngsters at some point, but certainly not first team or close.

Given how outspoken he is about Ashley he would quite certainly get some form of embassador role under a new regime. Would seem like a quick win for anyone coming in.

I mean, he hasn’t shown any interest in being a manager.

Probably because the club he'd want to manage is owned by a total cunt, and instead of fucking himself over failing under that twat, he is happy making easy money on MoTD.  I mean all he has to do is be less shit that that jug eared tosspot Lineker, which he does easily.

I don't think I'd take an FA cup over Shearer... Think. It's not just him being here for 10 years but it's the club that him being here created, and maintained. Yeah we won f*** all and we went through shitty periods, but f*** me that spirit in the fanbase him being here created was brilliant, man. Shearer leading us in the Champions League and being England's leading man was a really proud time. Then him and Bobby together, man. Commanding. I'd take the 95-96 title and Les staying here longer over Shearer joining, I think that would have just been spectacular. But yeah, those 10 years not just with him, but as a club, were brilliant.

Totally agree. I think he's got all the attributes of a good manager (those who say he took us down, we've been down under Rafa too).  There's no way he'd come and manage under the FCB, but if/when the fat cunt fucks off, I feel that Shearer could be our next Keegan.

Nah don't think he'd manage us again. Can see him being involved in the club overall at some point, though. Not exactly sure how.

Nah don't think he'd manage us again. Can see him being involved in the club overall at some point, though. Not exactly sure how.

As an ambassador or getting involved with the Foundation, most likely.

He should be in a boardroom level and never coaching at this point. He should be helping guide the club forward as he knows it’s true place and potential. Managers come and go in this day and age.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shearer has been on record at various talk-ins saying he enjoys his life too much to ever become a manager, but has said that under the right conditions and circumstances, he’d never turn NUFC down if offered the chance to manage us again. KK has said the same even after his ordeal with Ashley.

I can’t se it myself and don’t think he’s cut out for it. The whole experience under Ashley has scarred him badly. For what it’s worth I don’t blame him even the tiniest bit for our relegation, nor Rafa either, both times when the took over it was inevitable and nothing they could have done in the time they had was ever going to be enough to prevent that.

I thought had he stayed on, had some backing and brought in the right people around him, he would have done a good job for us though and showed himself to be capable enough as a manager.

I much prefer him as a pundit and as a personality these days, he is usually spot on and his thing with Ian Wright is fucking great, they need a show together because their chemistry is great and they are both funny and natural together.