Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Player asked questions and answers them shocker.

"The list" is just getting fucking pathetic.

Always has been pathetic, from the reaction to Lascelles' initial statements till now. A good example of energy used up on the wrong causes.

I'd argue attending games and supporting the team is a better example of energy used up on the wrong cause but there you go, still gonna be nearly 50,000 mis-directing their energy at every home game.

Missed the point, I'm talking about people who are staying away from games yet for some reason think it's useful to make dumb lists up of players to hate based on PR shite and vanilla quotes in the paper. Waste of time. Let's hate Mike Ashley, but let's hate Lascelles, Dummett & Longstaff too...

Nah.

Player asked questions and answers them shocker.

"The list" is just getting fucking pathetic.

Always has been pathetic, from the reaction to Lascelles' initial statements till now. A good example of energy used up on the wrong causes.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Ashley is the enemy not the players.

Which player is going to come out and criticise their employer (Ashley) or their manager unless they were trying to force a move away?

I'm not suggesting 'going after' Longstaff or any other player who might come out with a soundbite that either directly or indirectly supports, defends or plays-down the ills of the regime, but if you're not a part of the solution then you're part of the problem, and I wouldn't blame anyone for taking issue with those sorts of comments.

No point in exerting vitriol towards the likes of Longstaff or any other player who comes out with soundbites that don't suit the anti-Bruce/anti-Ashley agenda. The players probably do want the fans to get behind the manager - I can't imagine they take much pleasure from playing in front of an antagonistic crowd. It's not in their interests to be part of a team that gets relegated, regardless of your own opinions on how you want the club to fare. Every single player at the club is an employee and a professional first and foremost, not a fan, and their own self-interests will always be at heart, which is just human nature.

:thup:

No point in exerting vitriol towards the likes of Longstaff or any other player who comes out with soundbites that don't suit the anti-Bruce/anti-Ashley agenda. The players probably do want the fans to get behind the manager - I can't imagine they take much pleasure from playing in front of an antagonistic crowd. It's not in their interests to be part of a team that gets relegated, regardless of your own opinions on how you want the club to fare. Every single player at the club is an employee and a professional first and foremost, not a fan, and their own self-interests will always be at heart, which is just human nature.

:thup:

Yep, bang on. The point I was trying to make but made better.

Really unsure still. Seems one paced.

Hard to tell where his fitness levels are at after that injury like, looks lacking in confidence too. Having said that, while his performance wasn't great it's another good result with him and Hayden in the centre of midfield, which I'm inclined to think isn't a coincidence.

Really unsure still. Seems one paced.

Hard to tell where his fitness levels are at after that injury like, looks lacking in confidence too. Having said that, while his performance wasn't great it's another good result with him and Hayden in the centre of midfield, which I'm inclined to think isn't a coincidence.

thought he got caught/fucked up a couple of times early on on the ball and it really affected him, him and hayden then seemed to concentrate more on the defensive side and keeping things solid and he seemed to settle down

one of the big features of his play last season was his forward play, hope he can recover that or he's just gonna be another mctominay

Still looks a bit sloppy imo. If his form was a 9 last year on a scale. He’s playing at w 4.5 to 5. He’s not making those same tackles and he’s not playing the ball as quickly as he did last year as often. He’s arguably still my favorite player we have right now not named Schar. He’ll get back there I’m sure.

He's fine when he's got time on the ball but seems to give it away sloppily under pressure.

That's odd because when he broke through that was one of his best qualities. He knew what he could do with the ball before he got it and rarely gave it away.

I honestly think he’s just getting back to the speed of football and we’re much less organized than last season obviously so it’s adding to it. He’s our best midfielder imo and will and should keep his place.