Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

I still don't think we'll do very well with Wijnaldum and Sissoko in their weird pseudo-positions, but a decent midfield would help.

thing is I'm not convinced by either in cm either, consistently sissoko has been most effective on the right and wijnaldum has not impressed me in cm when he's moved there or started there, seemed fairly anonymous

Have been speaking to a French guy who I work with who follows Ligue 1 very closely. He said:

Sagnol (Bordeaux manager) loves to reposition players, but IMO [saivet] is more a winger. He lacks the aggressiveness and positioning to be an effective DM. You can clearly quickly see that he's a bit passive and there should be a reason that Sagnol is so likely to sell him. Let's hope you don't expect him to tackle too much.

SOLD!

Have been speaking to a French guy who I work with who follows Ligue 1 very closely. He said:

Sagnol (Bordeaux manager) loves to reposition players, but IMO [saivet] is more a winger. He lacks the aggressiveness and positioning to be an effective DM. You can clearly quickly see that he's a bit passive and there should be a reason that Sagnol is so likely to sell him. Let's hope you don't expect him to tackle too much.

SOLD!

Like we don't have enough non-tackling midfielders on our books. I hope your French mate is talking shit.

Well, I've seen this guy like twice and he looked alright to me. Not sure how he handles this next step should he officially join us but our midfield engine needs something because we sure as hell have to try something new or we're dropping.

What sort of player did he look like to you? Has he got a bit of physical presence or will he turn out to be another number 10 wannabe?

SOLD!

Like we don't have enough non-tackling midfielders on our books. I hope your French mate is talking s***.

Well he's the head French Researcher on Football Manager so knows a fair bit about the French league, but we'll see as he's not spoken to the Bordeaux researcher in a while. :D

SOLD!

Hmm, every other bit of info I've seen suggests he's been shit on the wing when he's played there but taken to central and defensive midfield very well :dontknow:  Also while far from conclusive Who Scored have him rated at 6.1 when he's played attacking left wing and 7.5 in defensive midfield.