Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If you keep with Bruce then it’ll just be like a double lottery rollover. Whatever damage from one season with him will roll in to two season and become harder to recover from.

Any doubts, see Sunderland. For years they fluked staying up and now the damage is comical.

Still think it’s going need around 42 points to be absolutely sure of it. Think Norwich are still gone despite their win today. Villa will be too unless they sign a striker.

Bournemouth look the next most likely to go but can see them sacking Howe and picking up somewhat.

The rest will pick up enough points to get near enough 40. 12th - 18th will be very close imo.

I was hoping we would go down, Ashley for appointing Bruce and showing no real ambition to improve would certainly have deserved it. Looks like we will stay up, so we can have another season with the fat oaf stinking up the premier league. Burnley are more entertaining to watch.

We look like staying up on solid defence alone, something Boro tried and failed to do a few seasons back.

Almost every team in the league has more firepower than us, but almost all of them in the bottom half have a worse defence. A bad defence automatically makes you a poor team. It's like Titus Bramble used to be, the 1 minute of mistakes and lost concentration made him a bad defender. The 89 minutes of good or decent play were ultimately irrelevant.

:thup: Titus used to do my head in. There was one match (Villa?) when I knew he was going to give a penalty away about five seconds before he got there. I had time to mutter "Oh, no, don't do this, man" but his eyes had already rolled back in his head and nothing was going to stop him. A liability sometimes but equally he could be immense. You need REliability there.

Now up to the dizzy heights of fifth bottom scorers! Only one fewer than Sheff Utd.

I only point this out as evidence of other shit teams in the league. Apologies for the Bramble sidetrack, and it was only intended as a warning against overrating other teams who make more defensive errors than us.