Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Clear that we dont have enough players to drag us past Bruce's ineptitude. He will be praying for new signings and ASM to return and stay fit. The majority of the squad will crumble when the going gets tough as shown already. They are clueless to dig themselves out of a hole and will sink while ambling around the pitch aimlessly. They wont find any safe shelter, Bruce will have already locked himself in and barricaded the door.

Guest godzilla

Going to be touch and go to the end of the season unless a new striker is brought in. Norwich gone then between us, Bournemouth, Burnley, Villa, Watford (unless they continue their current form), Brighton and West Ham for the other two.

I have us finishing on 41pts if we beat Norwich and Burnley at home. Lose one of them 2 and it could well be tight! That's 41pts doing it from a harsh negative view point. I'm sure we will fluke 4pts or so from a couple of hard games.

Yeah I have us finishing on about 41 points too.

0 Chelsea home

0 Everton away

3 Norwich home

0 Arsenal away

1 Crystal Palace away

3 Burnley home

0 Southampton away

1 Sheff Utd home

3 Aston Villa home

1 Bournemouth away

3 West Ham home

0 Man City away

0 Watford away

0 Tottenham home

0 Brighton away

0 Liverpool home

Need to win the home games vs the bottom half teams though.

https://talksport.com/football/473800/alternative-premier-league-table-22-games-expected-goals/

This time last season we still had the worst, but we’d gained the points we were expected to accumulate (just to compare to this season).

I highly doubt we'll go down but I'll be surprised if we get eight wins from here.

This obviously comes from a pro-Rafa agenda but I feel like last season should've been 50 points n'all. Two absolute robberies against Wolves, man.

I can’t see who the three teams that are worse than us are tbh. Norwich are the obvious one but they’ve whacked us already. Villa also eased past us and looked comfortable tbh. Bournemouth will eventually turn it around but they look pretty bad this year. West Ham will be ok, Watford are on a roll, Burnley will grind it out even though they’re awful to watch, Brighton look decent and Southampton have turned it around.

That leaves us, in freefall. Fail to beat Norwich at home and we’re fucked. I genuinely can’t pick the 3 teams we’re better than. Norwich (maybe), Villa (maybe) and Bournemouth (maybe)? 5 points clear is nothing, it can disappear in a week.

Norwich are fucked, Bournemouth are terrible and won't change the manager, Burnley have lost like 7 in 8 and Villa have lost massively important members of their squad to injury - their survival pretty much hinges on Grealish's form at this point, assuming they don't bag themselves an unlikely goalscorer in the winter sales.

Meanwhile we've got Almiron coming into form, ASM to return at some point and an afterglow of Rafa's defensive set-up with talented players at the back and a really good goalie. We're shite but I think we'll probably finish above all of them teams listed above.

I can’t see who the three teams that are worse than us are tbh. Norwich are the obvious one but they’ve whacked us already. Villa also eased past us and looked comfortable tbh. Bournemouth will eventually turn it around but they look pretty bad this year. West Ham will be ok, Watford are on a roll, Burnley will grind it out even though they’re awful to watch, Brighton look decent and Southampton have turned it around.

I think that's just being massively pessimistic. We've been above at least 3 teams for most of the season, and for a good reason as well. Norwich may have beat us, but what have they done since? We're on a bad run but we've had woeful fixtures that teams below us would struggle with as well. We're picking points up here and there, enough to see us get over the line. I bet very few of the teams below us see us and Norwich taking up two of the three spaces already.

Its easy for us to think we're completely shit when so much negativity surrounds the club, but fans of other teams that I talk to seem to think we'll be alright from what they have seen.

It'd need to be a Carveresque run for us to go down from here.

I think the decision to hire Homer Simpson as fitness coach might just do it

It only needs 2 fewer wins in 16 games than the teams below us like.

Aye but they're below us for a reason. They need to score 0.33 points per game better than us until the end of the season which, without a huge collapse from us, is a big ask.

Aye but they're below us for a reason. They need to score 0.33 points per game better than us until the end of the season which, without a huge collapse from us, is a big ask.

Watford were also below us for a reason, now they are steadily climbing the table. A huge collapse from us isn't a big ask at all, our better players are all dropping like flies, and Bruce has a history of huge collapses at previous clubs.

When we’re creating so few chances and allowing shots on target at the other end, it wouldn’t take that much. Relying on Dubravka pretty much.