Female commentators - yay or nay?

Big Geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No. They can fuck off and cover hockey or F1 if they want to be in the media.

Football is our escape from their shite. Just leave us the fuck alone for a few hours a week.

Can see why you got on well with Midhat in the UAE.

No. They can fuck off and cover hockey or F1 if they want to be in the media.

Football is our escape from their shite. Just leave us the fuck alone for a few hours a week.

You realise women like and play football too right? Like you know thats a thing? Or do you just live in a prism of your own self importance and think the world revolves around you?

No. They can f*** off and cover hockey or F1 if they want to be in the media.

Football is our escape from their s****. Just leave us the f*** alone for a few hours a week.

You realise women like and play football too right? Like you know thats a thing? Or do you just live in a prism of your own self importance and think the world revolves around you?

Yeah so let them commentate on their own matches. I’ve noticed many token female pundits on various tv networks over the last year or so. Even the recent Rugby World Cup had at least one on every game.

I didn’t find them insightful, all I see is tv networks trying to appear woke.

It’s bullshit, if they could do the job as well as men, fair enough I have no problem with them. But that’s not the case, they’re taking the place of someone more qualified because of politics.

It’s the whole equality of opportunity vs. Equality of outcome debate.

Football is our escape from their s****. Just leave us the f*** alone for a few hours a week.

Yeah so let them commentate on their own matches. I’ve noticed many token female pundits on various tv networks over the last year or so. Even the recent Rugby World Cup had at least one on every game.

It’s bullshit, if they could do the job as well as men, fair enough I have no problem with them. But that’s not the case, they’re taking the place of someone more qualified because of politics.

Well said, it’s cultural genocide and we need fight back.

95781_F74_C192_4_AFF_BCB4_7_AEA871_F84_B9.jpg%22

what makes someone qualified? just having played the game at a high level doesn't make someone in the slightest bit qualified to actually analyse and give any kind of insight to a game eg micheal owen robbie savage and countless other former mens players. Whereas any time I've seen alex scott I've liked her as a pundit a lot more than most of the men.

what makes someone qualified? just having played the game at a high level doesn't make someone in the slightest bit qualified to actually analyse and give any kind of insight to a game eg micheal owen robbie savage and countless other former mens players. Whereas any time I've seen alex scott I've liked her as a pundit a lot more than most of the men.

To be honest I can’t say I was aware of her. Quick google search, she’s certainly a looker and will take your word for it if she’s an insightful pundit. She’s got the footballing credentials at least.

And your question about being qualified. Certainly playing in the top flight helps but also having the intelligence to analyse a game properly. Yes they are few and far between when the likes of Robbie Savage gets regular work.

But that also falls into another category where women fall short. Savage in particular has made a career out of being an antagonist. There’s a certain humour to it. He’s willing to take abuse from supporters to keep himself in the limelight.

If a woman was getting dogs abuse the way Savage does it would be on newsnight. Where’s the fun in that?

Wow, I genuinely thought you were being ironic and forgot the safety wink. Turns out you’re just an ignorant wanker :thup:

Alex Scott often does the job (as a pundit, not sure if I've heard her commentate) better than many men.

in one of her early appearances she was on with souness and he trotted out the usual PFM analysis of the first half along with some other twat, they went to Alex Scott and she gave a completely different view of what had happened, contradicted him completely and called the second half perfectly - i was sold from then on because it was so unusual to see differing opinions like that

i'd take it a step further and suggest we need more people from outside a football playing background to be involved, never mind sex or gender, but if everyone is parroting the same shite nothing will ever change

get experienced journalists in there for their view on the game, stuff like that, mix it up and try to change the level of analysis we currently have which is frankly a fucking embarrassment

To be honest I can’t say I was aware of her. Quick google search, she’s certainly a looker and will take your word for it if she’s an insightful pundit. She’s got the footballing credentials at least.

And your question about being qualified. Certainly playing in the top flight helps but also having the intelligence to analyse a game properly. Yes they are few and far between when the likes of Robbie Savage gets regular work.

But that also falls into another category where women fall short. Savage in particular has made a career out of being an antagonist. There’s a certain humour to it. He’s willing to take abuse from supporters to keep himself in the limelight.

If a woman was getting dogs abuse the way Savage does it would be on newsnight. Where’s the fun in that?

The fact that the first thing you mention about her is her looks is part of the problem.