Female commentators - yay or nay?

Big Geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why not?

There is a couple who I don’t like, but because they aren’t very articulate or knowledgable. It’s the same with the pundits.

Let’s be honest, the industry is full of male commentators and pundits who aren’t articulate, or very knowledgeable. Many of them are former players. The latest one, Clinton Morrison on SSN grates on me. How they have kept him on is beyond me.

I’m sure Drogba was used by one of the channels at the World Cup, and he seemed very knowledgeable, and spoke well.

In all honesty it doesn’t matter what sex/gender they are, only if they are good enough for the job.

No I'm not. I like the to listen to whoever is best at the the job in hand and so far, in my opinion, they have all been men. It's like saying we must have more black managers but I don't care what colour they are I just want the best person for the job

:lol: But you don't get the best person for the job, imo. By and large the majority of commentators are absolute trash. There's probably a woman working a regular job that could make matches come to life, but she's got no shot because of her clit.

No I'm not. I like the to listen to whoever is best at the the job in hand and so far, in my opinion, they have all been men. It's like saying we must have more black managers but I don't care what colour they are I just want the best person for the job

Week in week out people take the piss out of all the male commentators and pundits, and have done for years and years. They do so because the vast majority speak complete bull, and protect their mates in their roles.

We have only had a few female commentators and pundits, and that’s only over recent years. To say all the male ones are better is wrong in my option. I’d actually go as far as saying that the worst female commentator/pundit is still better than the majority of the males ones. All of them that I have seen/heard have been better than the worst makes ones, by far.

Never heard a woman moan for 45 minutes that some Brazilian kid is wearing a snood and gloves away at Stoke in the middle of fucking winter.

The state of pundits stealing a living like Robbie Savage and Owen because they played the game is shocking.

So is this thread about Pundits or Commentators?

The title says one thing but discussion seems to go another way.

Male one's of both tend to be tired, old cliche's at this point. Tyler's a fucking disgrace at this point.

Seems to work very well in cricket (Alison Mitchell apart) - Isa Guha, Ebony R-Braint  and Mel Jones are really good to the point I barely notice they are female

They have some really good views on the game so really enjoy their insight

Football - havent really liked anyone so far

Yep, they’re fabulous in cricket. No doubt the same can and will happen for football. I’d much rather have an intelligent woman than some past-it old drunk warbling on about all sorts of shite, which describes 50% of male commentators in football.

Id say generally no.  The level they played at is far below mens football. The BBC wouldnt have soneone from the northern premier league commemtatimg so why have a woman?

Rachel brown is embarassingly bad

f*** are you talking about? What brilliant level did Martin Tyler and Clive tyldsley play at? :lol:

Here you fucking mook the they are supposed to be exoert summarisers alongside the commentators.  Can we not have our own opinions like

We've a few in the states. Doris Burke is quite frankly better than all but the best of the male commentators.

Burke must have unanimous approval throughout the league, she’s brilliant.

:lol: She's definitely reached "Oh this game must be important!" status. She probably hasn't been to MSG in fucking ages. :lol:

It’s f***ing 2020. Assumed this was one of those threads bumped from the dark ages for us all to laugh at our old timey opinions, but apparently those opinions are alive and well on NO. Embarrassing.

This thread screams RTG. Of course female commentators are fine, as long as they aren't shite at their job.

I've stopped watching football with the sound on. All commentators are awful rent-a-cliches with zero knowledge of the game, the clubs and usually have bias towards one of the teams playing. There's a few female former and current internationals that has been part of the studio broadcast in Norway and they have been an absolute joy to listen to. Way more knowledgable and objective than the men.

I've stopped watching football with the sound on. All commentators are awful rent-a-cliches with zero knowledge of the game, the clubs and usually have bias towards one of the teams playing. There's a few female former and current internationals that has been part of the studio broadcast in Norway and they have been an absolute joy to listen to. Way more knowledgable and objective than the men.

I find it’s the focus on narrative that’s the problem. They focus way too much on the storyline and what’s happening in the league, and give you almost no insight into what’s happening on the pitch.

Kelly Dalglish is always superb when she's on the Totaly Football Show

EDIT: Forgot she's Kelly Cates now

She's a presenter, - not a commentator or pundit.

She's not a presenter on the Totally Football Show

:lol: But you don't get the best person for the job, imo. By and large the majority of commentators are absolute trash. There's probably a woman working a regular job that could make matches come to life, but she's got no shot because of her clit.

:lol: :thup:

Much of what passes for football commentary is unmitigated bullshit.