Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

I mean you can't dictate to people how they raise their kids - but the money goes to Mike Ashley regardless. That's the trade off people have to judge.

:thup:

Fine if you want to take your kid to the match, but don't fucking complain when others who have taken a harder stance criticize you for helping to fund Ashley after almost 12 years of complete trolling and mismanagement to fans.

It's like the chants against Ashley on Saturday man, it's complete hypocrisy to the max.

If I had a little'un I'd probably have to suck it up for a game or two, because I'd want them to grow up a Newcastle fan, and the fat wanker will be gone one day. But I first went with me Dad when I was 7. We didn't go again until I was 12. I was still hooked (and I still grew up associating NUFC with me Dad) without the need for a season ticket.

This ffs. My parents didn't get tickets and didn't have sky - I think I went to one game between the ages of 4-12 - and I was still a massive Newcastle fan despite barely seeing them play live or even on tv. Used to watch them in the pub whenever I could with my dad and when I did get a season ticket at the age of 15 it was brilliant. I wasn't being denied a 'right' to attend the match though - if you're taking your kids for that reason you're doing so because you want to - over and above your grievances with the owner. Just admit that, don't pretend you're doing so because Ashley would otherwise take away some sacred childhood bond you'd get with your kids  :lol:

What's the difference? I want to take my kid, yes. And I'm not going to let my dislike for the owner get in the way of building those bonds with my kid.

And that's absolutely fine - but don't pretend that its something you have to do in order to raise your kid properly rather than something you want to do. Plenty of other ways to watch us that don't involve propping up the owner.

I mean you can't dictate to people how they raise their kids - but the money goes to Mike Ashley regardless. That's the trade off people have to judge.

Fine if you want to take your kid to the match, but don't fucking complain when others who have taken a harder stance criticize you for helping to fund Ashley after almost 12 years of complete trolling and mismanagement to fans.

It's like the chants against Ashley on Saturday man, it's complete hypocrisy to the max.

I'm not complaining. I'm trying to make you see possible reasons why people still go. If you, and others on here (you know who you are), don't appreciate the reasons and learn to accept them, then you'll never formulate an effective strategy for getting Ashley out. Because boycotts / walk ins etc are just never going to land with the vast majority of the fanbase.

As I've previously said on here, get at Sports Direct. That's all he cares about.

If I had a little'un I'd probably have to suck it up for a game or two, because I'd want them to grow up a Newcastle fan, and the fat wanker will be gone one day. But I first went with me Dad when I was 7. We didn't go again until I was 12. I was still hooked (and I still grew up associating NUFC with me Dad) without the need for a season ticket.

This ffs. My parents didn't get tickets and didn't have sky - I think I went to one game between the ages of 4-12 - and I was still a massive Newcastle fan despite barely seeing them play live or even on tv. Used to watch them in the pub whenever I could with my dad and when I did get a season ticket at the age of 15 it was brilliant. I wasn't being denied a 'right' to attend the match though - if you're taking your kids for that reason you're doing so because you want to - over and above your grievances with the owner. Just admit that, don't pretend you're doing so because Ashley would otherwise take away some sacred childhood bond you'd get with your kids  :lol:

What's the difference? I want to take my kid, yes. And I'm not going to let my dislike for the owner get in the way of building those bonds with my kid.

And that's absolutely fine - but don't pretend that its something you have to do in order to raise your kid properly rather than something you want to do. Plenty of other ways to watch us that don't involve propping up the owner.

And what if I believe that? My dad took me to games semi regularly from the age of 4. Those bonds I built with my dad through those years mean the world to me and were a huge part of my childhood. I want to have the same with my lad. So respectfully, Jonny, wind your fucking neck in and stop telling me (and others) what I should be doing.

I don’t have kids and have a 400 mile round trip for a home game so my decision is made simpler. Still hate it and rather be doing it alongside my niece and nephew though. And whether he gets more money from TV or not, we still don’t have to top him up and he won’t be ever be laughing at me. Every fan that boycotts him and attacks his interests and remains vocal becomes a threat. But people have their reasons and I know people go with good intentions - not the currency the club deals in unfortunately.

And what if I believe that? My dad took me to games semi regularly from the age of 4. Those bonds I built with my dad through those years mean the world to me and were a huge part of my childhood. I want to have the same with my lad. So respectfully, Jonny, wind your fucking neck in and stop telling me (and others) what I should be doing.

I'm not telling you what you should be doing. Feel free to go to the games. Just accept that you're going to come across as a hypocrite in the future when commenting on all things Ashley.

I'm not telling you what you should be doing. Feel free to go to the games. Just accept that you're going to come across as a hypocrite in the future when commenting on all things Ashley.

I'm very aware of the hypocrisy. But as others on here will attest... I'm an active member of various protest groups, have been involved in the recent protests, and will continue to do so. I just happen to believe there are ways to get at Mike Ashley (as was proved by the very effective online protests against his business interests) that don't affect the enjoyment levels of the average match going fan. Like it or not, people still enjoy going to support their club, Ashley or not, so things should be focused online in my honest opinion. That was working for TMG in the summer, but was abandoned for matchday action, which clearly fell on deaf ears. Since then, everything has gone to shit.

I get it, it's what you and your Dad did, but as if there isn't a million and one other things you can do to bond with your kid.

Yeah, there's loads of things that we do together, but I want him to fall in love with it the same way that I did (we weren't very good when I started going too).

I'm not complaining. I'm trying to make you see possible reasons why people still go. If you, and others on here (you know who you are), don't appreciate the reasons and learn to accept them, then you'll never formulate an effective strategy for getting Ashley out. Because boycotts / walk ins etc are just never going to land with the vast majority of the fanbase.

As I've previously said on here, get at Sports Direct. That's all he cares about.

Don't think thats true. People just seem to have an incredibly high tolerance of being shat on by something they love. Doesnt mean that there isn't a limit though.

Don't think thats true. People just seem to have an incredibly high tolerance of being shat on by something they love. Doesnt mean that there isn't a limit though.

Maybe... maybe things will change when Rafa goes, but if you're wanting to get as many people on board right now with forms of protest, affecting the matchday experience isn't going to be got behind, in my opinion.

Maybe... maybe things will change when Rafa goes, but if you're wanting to get as many people on board right now with forms of protest, affecting the matchday experience isn't going to be got behind, in my opinion.

Sadly it's the only thing that will cause change and that's why it needs to be pushed. There's no concrete value in getting people behind some group or movement if those people arent willing to make the personal sacrifice to push him out.

Sadly it's the only thing that will cause change and that's why it needs to be pushed. There's no concrete value in getting people behind some group or movement if those people arent willing to make the personal sacrifice to push him out.

You think that's the only thing that'll work? Despite clear evidence that the big push on social media against Sports Direct and his brands was getting a reaction out of him?

Just curious but how many people who have chosen not to go to games (quite rightly) have Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime (next season) ?

I have Sky and Amazon Prime, i have for far more reasons to have Sky and Amazon Prime than i do to watch football, i could cancel Sky Sports but i watch far more other games than those that involve us. Do i get rid of Sky Sports so then my kids can't watch F1 or Mrs B when she wants to watch fecking netball. Do i get get rid if Sky Sports so i can't watch NFL, Golf or whatever other sport i like to view. I buy loads of stuff on Amazon Prime, watch TV shows and films, so next season do i get rid of that ?

Are we all not hypocrites if we don't stop having Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime (from next season) ? Those companies fund Ashley and the club far more than a fans tickets do.

Bit of a tricky issue if you really want to starve Ashley of money.

Just curious but how many people who have chosen not to go to games (quite rightly) have Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime (next season) ?

I have Sky and Amazon Prime, i have for far more reasons to have Sky and Amazon Prime than i do to watch football, i could cancel Sky Sports but i watch far more other games than those that involve us. Do i get rid of Sky Sports so then my kids can't watch F1 or Mrs B when she wants to watch fecking netball. Do i get get rid if Sky Sports so i can't watch NFL, Golf or whatever other sport i like to view. I buy loads of stuff on Amazon Prime, watch TV shows and films, so next season do i get rid of that ?

Are we all not hypocrites if we don't stop having Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime (from next season) ? Those companies fund Ashley and the club far more than a fans tickets do.

Cancelling a sky subscription is in no way equivalent to not going to a game. Ashley has 52,000 'subscribers' a fortnight. Sky has 22.9 million subscribers a year. The vast majority of which have nothing to do with NUFC. It's a pointless comparison.

Cancelling a sky subscription is in no way equivalent to not going to a game. Ashley has 52,000 'subscribers' a fortnight. Sky has 22.9 million subscribers a year. The vast majority of which have nothing to do with NUFC. It's a pointless comparison.

It's about money is it not ?

The point being that if 10,000 Newcastle fans stop going to a game - the empty seats, the financial impact are directly felt by Mike Ashley. Visually, if nothing else, the impact is felt. If 10,000 NUFC fans stop subscribing to Sky it will barely affect their own bottom line. Once that is diluted through the amounts distributed to football, the amounts distributed to the premier league and amounts eventually reaching the club and Mike Ashley, the effect is non-existent.

It's a bit tenuous to try and starve money down the line. What next, I'm not going to matches and I'm not getting Sky, and I'm also not going in my local pub, because they've got Sky, and I'm not going to Tesco because I know a woman on the till who has Sky? You'd have to make sure never to spend a single penny on anything if you wanted to make sure a massive company like Sky didn't see it.

I don't have any of them, fwiw. I have Sky but have never had any sports channels, too tight.

The point being that if 10,000 Newcastle fans stop going to a game - the empty seats, the financial impact are directly felt by Mike Ashley. Visually, if nothing else, the impact is felt. If 10,000 NUFC fans stop subscribing to Sky it will barely affect their own bottom line. Once that is diluted through the amounts distributed to football, the amounts distributed to the premier league and amounts eventually reaching the club and Mike Ashley, the effect is non-existent.

That's it bang on, the symbolism of it makes the impact and i agree that is the correct thing to do.

My point is gates don't really fund the club in the way TV money does, i'm in the camp of not going but i'm also not overtly critical of those who do.

You think that's the only thing that'll work? Despite clear evidence that the big push on social media against Sports Direct and his brands was getting a reaction out of him?

Yes I do. 100%.

In addition a big push on social media is pretty hard work to maintain for a long period (say for one season) so they can rest assured it'll "blow over" and as much as we laughed at that it was always going to happen. Boycotting the match requires you to do literally nothing.

It's a bit tenuous to try and starve money down the line. What next, I'm not going to matches and I'm not getting Sky, and I'm also not going in my local pub, because they've got Sky, and I'm not going to Tesco because I know a woman on the till who has Sky? You'd have to make sure never to spend a single penny on anything if you wanted to make sure a massive company like Sky didn't see it.

I don't have any of them, fwiw. I have Sky but have never had any sports channels, too tight.

I'd say it's impossible, don't go to games and get at Sports Direct and any company that deals with the them is the way to go imo.

I'm also hoping the way the sale, spending and bullshit Ashley/Ferdinand/Keys have come out with lately seems to have been picked up more mainstream coverage, hopefully that continues.