Premier League punditry

Have watched MOTD about once or twice in about 5 years. That was when it was on friends TV before heading out in evening couple of years ago.

It’s been surpassed now by Sky or BT uploading highlights on YT, as well as the analyses punditry clips.

Nobody has time, or is interested in watching an hour and whatever long program with moron pundits.

Should just scrap it, save untold millions from the lisence fee payers and upload a online highlights platform like the Sky clips.

I have the time, I don’t think everyone wants their football highlights to be squashed into a 3 minute clip on YouTube

MOTD's highlights aren't much more than that especially once you take the endless replays out.

Personally preferred extended highlights of two games and round up the rest, but dumbed it down crash TV style for newer fans who can't sit through 18' highlights unless the game finished 5-5. Its unrealistic because most football matches aren't good and that's part of the football experiences you also get a flavour for a game and atmosphere where every games highlights just feel the same now 7' crash TV, with more replays than actual highlights. Also helps to keep the hype inflated. But give me 16' of Man City 0-0 Sheffield United in 94 any day.

I can’t say I’d be particularly interested in sitting through 10-20 minute highlight reels of some of the shit matches served up, tbh. I quite like short and snappy highlights of key points and goals. I’ve usually watched the match in full anyway, but if I haven’t it’s probably because it’s not a game I’m interested in.

I only usually feel motivated to watch MOTD when we've won or played remotely well. I'm not interested in the pundit viewpoint these days, usually just skip past them.

Losing Gary Lineker would be a huge loss though, really only watch the Saturday show because he's the presenter.

This might be the best yet!

“I couldn’t believe Mane didn’t go down there and look, I’m not advocating he does,” Owen told Optus Sport.

It was a great touch and he possibly thought he might get a chance at the end of it ... but he did something similar a week ago (against Sheffield United).

“I just wonder, and it might be a little bit of devious thoughts creeping into my head, Mo Salah is the penalty taker in this team, and if he (Mane) thinks he’s getting a chance to score he thinks ‘well I’m going to score, if I don’t stay on my feet, Mo Salah’s going to get another penalty’.”

Replys on that are comical, getting slaughtered, blokes a baffoon of the highest order. Respect people having different opinions on stuff n all, but takes some effort to be that far off the mark.

Says we haven’t finished top 10 for nearly decade, 10th 17/18, 5th 12/13

Stupid Joke tosser!

Of course there were high demands when he took over. We’d just finished 4th, 3rd & 5th and he then spunked a load of money and took us back. If we’d dropped back to say 8th-10th you’d think not great but he did his best, but he took us to 14th and we were in danger by the time he left. Idiot.