Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Could make a very convincing argument that Villa have the best midfield outside of the CL clubs. Extremely balanced in a 3 or square 4.

Our problem is going to be depth of squad.

The first team look impressive. The stiffs not so much.

Still, fuck it, it is enjoyable thus far.

Could make a very convincing argument that Villa have the best midfield outside of the CL clubs. Extremely balanced in a 3 or square 4.

Aye, fair enough. If nowt else you're a probably third of the way to safety already.

Aye, fair enough. If nowt else you're a probably third of the way to safety already.

That's how I am looking at it. Anything on top of that is a bonus.

That's how I am looking at it. Anything on top of that is a bonus.

must be killing you. on the verge of something so exciting and you can only watch it on the box.

Douglas Luiz is a fantastic player imo, really good pick up by Villa last season

Dean Smith a shit manager, lads?

Pardew finished 5th once, Howard Wilkinson won the league etc.

I don't think he's a bad manager, but we're 4 games in and he's just had a massive influx of decent new players (by Villa's standards) - let's see how he does when things don't go his way, like last season, you know.... when they nearly went down.

No evidence that he's a shit manager, yet (unlike someone like Pardew). If anything, over the last few years, his stock has been steadily rising.

Last season Villa did well to stay up despite looking more likely to go down (new unproven manager and players). But if you want to view it as simply 'nearly went down'....

BTW, every manager needs 'decent' players, ffs. No manager can progress with shit players. :lol:

I know it's not VvD but you'd think he'd died the way people are going on. And I despise Pickford as much as anyone, some of the discourse has been embarrassing.

Aye it's been daft. I suppose it's partially because they're both such high profile players and Pickford has been (rightly or wrongly) closely scrutinised for a little while now.

Liverpool fans massively worried that their dubious defence is going to get exposed now they've lost the 3rd most expensive defender in history (despite never spending money).

Friend of mine on facebook has already written their season off now as they can't compete with City in the transfer market so didn't bring enough players in over summer. He says he'll be happy with a CL win or something :lol:

I know it's not VvD but you'd think he'd died the way people are going on. And I despise Pickford as much as anyone, some of the discourse has been embarrassing.

Aye it's been daft. I suppose it's partially because they're both such high profile players and Pickford has been (rightly or wrongly) closely scrutinised for a little while now.

Also Liverpool fans are very sensitive

They're going to need to sign loads of players in the next 3 - 4 years as well when all their 28 - 30 year old first teamers start disappearing. Good luck replacing all of Salah, Mane, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Thiago, VVD and Firmino within a few years of each other if you can't compete with the likes of Man City.

I think we'd be fuming if a Sunderland player made a joke like that about our best player getting injured by one of their players in a horrible challenge mind :lol:

I enjoy it though cos its Liverpool

Digne's joke wasn't about that challenge though. Or am I missing something?