Transfer rumours

Yorkie

#TheBish

Would be stupid to set the price before the World Cup surely?

It’s a good strategic move. Establish he is worth £20m now  and then wait to see what happens at the WC.

After the World Cup clubs can’t go to is and say: we think he’s had a great World Cup and is now worth £20m

It will allow us to increase his price above the baseline.

I hope we are asking for a lot more than 20 million,, we may settle for that but we should be saying we want more. Like I said before we will struggle to get a replacement for 20 million in this market that's even close to his strike rate. It seems more and more likely that we are in a sell before you buy situation, so quite frankly I see our striking situation to be just as bad this season as it was last.

Because we're selling 3 players who basically didn't play for us last year when we finished 10th? :lol:

I mean Merino is the only one of the three that contributed anything towards the 44 points, and even that was minimal.

Because we're selling 3 players who basically didn't play for us last year when we finished 10th? :lol:

I mean Merino is the only one of the three that contributed anything towards the 44 points, and even that was minimal.

That's all fine and well, if Rafa will see the full extent of that money augment the already in place transfer pot. But we all know he'll see a fraction of it. So we are left 3 young players with big potential down and probably Rondon, a failed striker in the worst team in the PL last year as the one replacement.

Rafa will get any money from players sales but we will insist on instalments, just because we are cunts.

Yep say we get get 40 million in total for all three of them. But that 40 million is payable over 4 years, so in essence Ashley will say you get 10 million Rafa to replace them !!

Sounds like Sels deal to Anderlecht is off, I dunno if that's the worst thing in the world. If we look at our keeper line up, we've got Dubravka as the obvious number one, and Woodman as the future, but in the middle we have two players whom are probably never going to achieve much in the game,, perhaps Darlow still has a future but not at SJP. Sels is still young and although was tragic in his first season with us, has time to adapt, plenty of keepers have struggled at first in England, only to improve over time. If we keep him we should be able to cut ties with one of Elliot or Darlow, which is probably a better thing in the long run.

It’s a good strategic move. Establish he is worth £20m now  and then wait to see what happens at the WC.

Also hedges against him having a shite World Cup, and him sustaining a serious injury during the tournament. Slight to moderate discount now for the buyer to take on those risks.

There's much more to it than that, you have have be pretty oblivious to not see that tbh. I'm sick and fucking tired of every year having to sell players because Ashley is a cunt.

I'm beyond frustrated with it all, i no longer want to invest energy into something which is run by a man who actively wants to self destruct everything around him. I felt this way before Rafa but i wanted to believe but honestly it doesn't matter, Rafa is meaningless while this man is the owner it doesn't even matter.

If you can do that then more power to you but i'd rather invest energy into something which i can actually enjoy, there's no enjoyment as long as Ashley is around and it took me till now to realise that Rafa doesn't change that.

From the Ronny Gill:

Gossip: Sevilla to make offer for Florian Lejeune

Estadio Deportivo report that Sevilla are ready to make a move for Florian Lejeune and will start with a €10m bid. Rafa Benitez is determined to keep the Frenchman at Newcastle United.

WTF we paid about that, maybe more for him a year ago, he was a bargain then, and he excelled this year. Why would they even think we would accept that offer ?

There's much more to it than that, you have have be pretty oblivious to not see that tbh. I'm sick and f***ing tired of every year having to sell players because Ashley is a c***.

I'm beyond frustrated with it all, i no longer want to invest energy into something which is run by a man who actively wants to self destruct everything around him. I felt this way before Rafa but i wanted to believe but honestly it doesn't matter, Rafa is meaningless while this man is the owner it doesn't even matter.

If you can do that then more power to you but i'd rather invest energy into something which i can actually enjoy, there's no enjoyment as long as Ashley is around and it took me till now to realise that Rafa doesn't change that.

What on earth does any of that have to do with us suddenly being favourites for relegation??  That's what I disagreed with, you'd think by your response that I called it a great bit of business or something...

From the Ronny Gill:

Gossip: Sevilla to make offer for Florian Lejeune

Estadio Deportivo report that Sevilla are ready to make a move for Florian Lejeune and will start with a €10m bid. Rafa Benitez is determined to keep the Frenchman at Newcastle United.

WTF we paid about that, maybe more for him a year ago, he was a bargain then, and he excelled this year. Why would they even think we would accept that offer ?

Perhaps, just perhaps, people are talking absolute shit in the transfer window as usual.

Ozyakup has signed a new deal as expected after being out of contract (if I'm not mistaken). Think it was mentioned in an article that they would let him see out his contract only to sign a new deal so that Besiktas don't have to pay the 30 percent sell on clause Arsenal included as part of the transfer.

Having said that, I guess we're thinking about maybe, eventually monitor even more..