Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Heard rumours of Ashley wanting to revert to the old signing players with resale value, and I am inclined to believe it. I reckon Rafa could work with that as long as he was given a decent pot of money, and was convinced that the club would make realistic efforts to sign those players.

A lot of clubs these days have a similar signing policy where they won't splash big money on older players, I don't think that is going to be the deal breaker. It's the latter doubt that Rafa probably won't be able to put to rest. The suspicion that the club will never really offer what a player is worth no matter if he is under 25.

Agree tbh and Alex Hurst from TF says the same thing. I think Rafa would allow it, but there'd have to be some sort of compromise. What Alex said was hypothetically if there were 10 players Rafa wanted in the next few windows, he'd relent and have 7 or 8 of those 25 or under. But would insist on at least 1 or 2 every now and then, like a 29/30 year old Salomon Rondon, or a 27 year old Lejeune, etc.

Heard rumours of Ashley wanting to revert to the old signing players with resale value, and I am inclined to believe it. I reckon Rafa could work with that as long as he was given a decent pot of money, and was convinced that the club would make realistic efforts to sign those players.

A lot of clubs these days have a similar signing policy where they won't splash big money on older players, I don't think that is going to be the deal breaker. It's the latter doubt that Rafa probably won't be able to put to rest. The suspicion that the club will never really offer what a player is worth no matter if he is under 25.

Agree tbh and Alex Hurst from TF says the same thing. I think Rafa would allow it, but there'd have to be some sort of compromise. What Alex said was hypothetically if there were 10 players Rafa wanted in the next few windows, he'd relent and have 7 or 8 of those 25 or under. But would insist on at least 1 or 2 every now and then, like a 29/30 year old Salomon Rondon, or a 27 year old Lejeune, etc.

Surely it's the sensible business plan? Secure your value with a few safe bets, in order that you can speculate on risks.

Surely it's the sensible business plan? Secure your value with a few safe bets, in order that you can speculate on risks.

It is. But Ashley doesn't do sensible.

Imagine being the fucking idiot who has a world class manager actually wanting to stay at your shit shower of a football club despite you making his job virtually untenable for 3 years, and you're still trying to find new ways to fuck it up. And this guy is supposed to be some sort of business genius?!

Lee Ryder saying Benitez is edging closer to staying.

Where

It was in a short video in their live blog yesterday. He just said the changes being made in the academy are what Benitez has wanted for a long time so its a step in the right direction in the club convincing Benitez to sign a new contract though there is still lots for Benitez and the club to talk about.

It’s such an obvious con.  If Ashley was at all serious about keeping Rafa and keeping him happy then work like that would’ve been done 2 years ago, same with the Almiron deal.  Ashley will make all the right noises until Rafa signs on the dotted line then the cunt will revert back to being a cunt, it’s what cunts do.

It’s such an obvious con.  If Ashley was at all serious about keeping Rafa and keeping him happy then work like that would’ve been done 2 years ago, same with the Almiron deal.  Ashley will make all the right noises until Rafa signs on the dotted line then the cunt will revert back to being a cunt, it’s what cunts do.

Reckon there's a good chance that as soon as survival is guaranteed Ashley will do the usual of disappearing act and making sure everything is left in limbo doing nothing for as long as possible.

Reckon there's a good chance that as soon as survival is guaranteed Ashley will do the usual of disappearing act and making sure everything is left in limbo doing nothing for as long as possible.

Remember when Ashley completely blanked Shearer after relegation, and our club icon eventually shrugged his shoulders and went back to the studio? Imagine if Ashley pulls that shit on Rafa!!!

Newcastle United are lining up Lyon manager Bruno Genesio as a replacement for current boss Rafael Benitez if the Spaniard can't agree an extension to his contract at St James' Park, which is set to expire at the end of the season, according to L'Equipe.