Newcastle United 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post match from page 14

Greg

Joelinton’s hold up play is actually ok, it’s just that he has no one to lay the ball off too. Almiron and ASM are playing on the wings, he needs someone more central. The Longstaff brothers are too far back because of how the plays and sits back. A better manger would have a better system, the transition from defence to attack would be better. Right now we are hoping that ASM or Almiron out run the opposition.

We saw it numerous times in the earlier games this season, and in the threads for those matches numerous people commented on it.

Think the guy is fed up of playing in a team that has minimum possession and only ever aims long balls at his head. It's disgusting really.

If we look at our first team, it’s ok. Not going to do anything of note, but shouldn’t go down. We have a manger though who isn’t good enough, because he’s cheap, and will spout pro-Ashley shit. We have a training ground that is 10 years behind other Premier League teams, and 5-7 years behind a lot of championship ones. All in all we are very limited because of this, and additionally because our depth in squad is virtually non-existent.

I'm staggered that anyone thinks this player has good hold up play.  I take on board the frailties of our team and of not supporting him but hold up play is actually what the phrase refers to, "hold up play".  By that what I mean is if your team is under pressure it is great to have an outlet, even if it is a huge boot up the pitch, for a forward who can kill precious minutes by HOLDING UP THE BALL.  This player is clueless in the art of centre forward play.  Doesn't run the channels, movement in the box is rubbish, hopeless in the air and his HOLD UP PLAY is shocking.  Anyone who thinks otherwise just hasn't played a game of football in their lives.

We need a player that can play between the attack and midfield through the centre.like that guy who got the hat trick vs Southampton on Friday

True, although he got that hat trick coming in from the right but we certainly miss Ayoze.

play Kane, Vardy, Firmino, Aguero up there? Nothing. Drgogba in his hey day? Thierry Henry? Van Nistelrooy? Van Persie? they'd all look like turd.

No :lol:

I promise :lol:

We'd be lamenting them all in this pitiful team.

It’s true that we are definitely awful. Unless we buy a goal scorer for a lot of money in January we are pretty much going down.

And a new manager that knows what they are doing.

Spurs 1-0 wow. :lol:

It’s true that we are definitely awful. Unless we buy a goal scorer for a lot of money in January we are pretty much going down.

Who will provide chances for this goal scorer? :lol:

It's not like we are creating chances that Joelinton is missing every game.

The whole team does not function in any kind of attacking sense.

This VAR thing is bound to be open to criticism. Check for foul, there’s clearly a foul, still can’t give the pen. Weird as anything.

If you don't understand why that wasn't overturned you must have been living in a cave for the last few months.

You are really being a dick today :lol:

I understand it has to be a clear and obvious error or whatever, I’m just saying that it looks a bit silly when the replay clearly shows a foul.

This place brings out that side of me sometimes. Well quite often.

Could just be that you are a dick.

This VAR thing is bound to be open to criticism. Check for foul, there’s clearly a foul, still can’t give the pen. Weird as anything.

If you don't understand why that wasn't overturned you must have been living in a cave for the last few months.

I understand it has to be a clear and obvious error or whatever, I’m just saying that it looks a bit silly when the replay clearly shows a foul.

Nah.

giphy.gif

The FB mob defending Brewcee on the basis Rafa had less points this time last season. They have the club they deserve.

It’s hilarious. I knew we had an above average % of thick fans but this season seems to have brought them all to the fore.

Nice photo in the Ronny match report.

0_GettyImages-1183772165.jpg

Fucking hell man , look at the supporters in that photo , theres nearly half old women  , how times have changed .

It looks like hes giving free tickets to the caravan club.

Caught the 1st half and last 20 minutes. Was shite and no one stood out as having a good game. The team look insipid and shapeless at times but worryingly I reckon SDFC will scrape survival over the season. Genuinely hate watching that fucking "club" and looked forward to the Scouse Spurs game all weekend. What a shite feeling this is.

f***ing hell man , look at the supporters in that photo , theres nearly half old women  , how times have changed .

It looks like hes giving free tickets to the caravan club.

Usual East Stand demographic tbh.

Guest The Little Waster

That nobber from True Faith having the time of his life.

The body language on all of them shrieks boredom and depression ... well worth £600 per year 🤓

Had this on record so just watching this now. One of the biggest differences I see between Bruce’s version of this formation and Rafa’s is in Bruce’s version is  the front three don’t seem to press together in a co-ordinated fashion.

That nobber from True Faith having the time of his life.

The body language on all of them shrieks boredom and depression ... well worth £600 per year 🤓

Can anyone smell stale piss?