Newcastle United 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post match from page 14

Greg

Someone from the coaching staff really needs to tell them to stop floating long balls from deep to Joelinton, he's barely bothering to challenge for them now.

And I don't blame him either. It's ridiculous how often the team just flings things in his general direction.

However, as a number 9 he is actually a target man.  I would expect him to have some sort of hold up play but he has none!

He's a ton better when it is being played into his feet, and his hold up and link up is really good when that happens.

Launching it at his dome from 50 yards is ridiculous.

His hold up play is non existent.  You are talking crap!

Someone from the coaching staff really needs to tell them to stop floating long balls from deep to Joelinton, he's barely bothering to challenge for them now.

And I don't blame him either. It's ridiculous how often the team just flings things in his general direction.

However, as a number 9 he is actually a target man.  I would expect him to have some sort of hold up play but he has none!

He's a ton better when it is being played into his feet, and his hold up and link up is really good when that happens.

He's not a centre forward and has never had to play with his back to goal and hold up the ball in his life. What the hell do you expect? Not his fault.

I can't be bothered arguing this man :lol:

I really don't care enough. The whole team and setup under this manager is pointless :lol:

Joelinton has given up on life and others will continue to follow and go down the toilet. We stink!

He's not a centre forward and has never had to play with his back to goal and hold up the ball in his life. What the hell do you expect? Not his fault.

Not his fault?  I despair.

longstaff1.png

Longstaff wins ball

longstaff2.png

Neves kicks his foot as Longstaff slides (first contact is on his foot, not his shin as that image looks)

IMO its harsh and another example of a 50:50 where the player 2nd to the ball gets injured and the ball winner gets penalised

yep,  still not a red at all

Yeah, it's the "go to ground and you ask the question" one. When players are going for the same ball from different angles, there is also the possibility of someone appearing in a follow through who was not there when the attempt at the ball was made. Unfortunately, intent doesn't come into it, so if you end up catching someone, the red card can come out.

Rather striking that we had a lot of the ball in that little period between them scoring and the red card. It suggested that we could have done more in the second half if we had made adjustments and actually tried.

Joelinton’s hold up play is actually ok, it’s just that he has no one to lay the ball off too. Almiron and ASM are playing on the wings, he needs someone more central. The Longstaff brothers are too far back because of how the plays and sits back. A better manger would have a better system, the transition from defence to attack would be better. Right now we are hoping that ASM or Almiron out run the opposition.

Joelinton’s hold up play is actually ok, it’s just that he has no one to lay the ball off too. Almiron and ASM are playing on the wings, he needs someone more central. The Longstaff brothers are too far back because of how the plays and sits back. A better manger would have a better system, the transition from defence to attack would be better. Right now we are hoping that ASM or Almiron out run the opposition.

We saw it numerous times in the earlier games this season, and in the threads for those matches numerous people commented on it.

Think the guy is fed up of playing in a team that has minimum possession and only ever aims long balls at his head. It's disgusting really.

I really don't care enough. The whole team and setup under this manager is pointless :lol:

Joelinton has given up on life and others will continue to follow and go down the toilet. We stink!

Kaka, I apologise for being abrupt but this bloke completely astounds me.  And not in a good way.  I honestly can't see what he brings to the team.  If he is not a centre forward then why is Bruce playing him there?  This signing is very suspicious and awful, especially when you factor in why Rafa was so against it.  The whole Joelinton signing stinks to the high heavens.

We saw it numerous times in the earlier games this season, and in the threads for those matches numerous people commented on it.

Think the guy is fed up of playing in a team that has minimum possession and only ever aims long balls at his head. It's disgusting really.

If we look at our first team, it’s ok. Not going to do anything of note, but shouldn’t go down. We have a manger though who isn’t good enough, because he’s cheap, and will spout pro-Ashley shit. We have a training ground that is 10 years behind other Premier League teams, and 5-7 years behind a lot of championship ones. All in all we are very limited because of this, and additionally because our depth in squad is virtually non-existent.

If we look at our first team, it’s ok. Not going to do anything of note, but shouldn’t go down. We have a manger though who isn’t good enough, because he’s cheap, and will spout pro-Ashley shit. We have a training ground that is 10 years behind other Premier League teams, and 5-7 years behind a lot of championship ones. All in all we are very limited because of this, and additionally because our depth in squad is virtually non-existent.

We just mirror image fat boys shops, cheap.

Not his fault?  I despair.

You appear to be too thick to debate with rationally.

Kaka, I apologise for being abrupt but this bloke completely astounds me.  And not in a good way.  I honestly can't see what he brings to the team.  If he is not a centre forward then why is Bruce playing him there?  This signing is very suspicious and awful, especially when you factor in why Rafa was so against it.  The whole Joelinton signing stinks to the high heavens.

I hear you man. It's frustrating. The way I see it nothing int his team will work with Bruce at the helm. There is no plan or decent thought in our approach play.

Even with Rondon upfront it wouldn't work. play Kane, Vardy, Firmino, Aguero up there? Nothing. Drgogba in his hey day? Thierry Henry? Van Nistelrooy? Van Persie? they'd all look like turd.

It's all pointless, and so trying to determine which players to blame is just a waste of energy.

Even with Saint Maximin we can see some really useful skill, but the manager has not instructed him to deliver the ball in time and be more team oriented in the final third. As much as I like him, he's been doing this since he cam in the team. Why no change?

Look at Almiron, by now, maybe have him switch sides just for a different look and see if he has more luck there, particularly as that is where he has mostly played prior to joining, and where he featured under Rafa. No. The manager just does nothing.

It's a joke.

Guest neesy111

Referee did his best to help Wolves there, also assisted with Bruce also giving them some subs to make us significantly weaker.

Don’t agree with that at all, he let Newcastle off with loads of stuff.

Yep.

Giving Wolves corners when they were clearly goal kicks and giving them a goal kick when we should have had a corner. A soft red card, gave them another minute and half of extra time when they took up the final 10 seconds checking to see how they could give them a penalty.

No.