Favorite NUFC Goal?

Mike

Was Hamann really good? I was young and didn't see many games around that time but I have it in my head that he was a great player for that one season.

Dalglish signed him during his 18-month demolition job. Hamann had talent but the post-Keegan come down was just too depressing in and of itself to get excited about any player.

Was Hamann really good? I was young and didn't see many games around that time but I have it in my head that he was a great player for that one season.

Dalglish signed him during his 18-month demolition job. Hamann had talent but the post-Keegan come down was just too depressing in and of itself to get excited about any player.

I remember Hamann as being instantly recognisable as a midfielder that was much, much better than what we were used to. He looked out of place in our team he was that good, and not far after the Keegan era too. One of the best central midfielders I've seen in black+white.

Goals wise, Albert vs Man U. Back then, Man U did not lose 5-0. They could not, it was impossible. They were arrogant, self-important and it was just so, so sweet. The audacity, the completing of an absolute piss-take of the best team in the country. To see Schmeichael visibly give up. After that Charity Shield result. The fact we could still win the league. There was so much to it. That goal was the dribbling of your spit in the slowest, most disrespectful way on the corpse of a bully you'd stood up to finally after getting beat on year after year. It rounded off a massive 'fuck you' to the biggest club and one of the best teams in the world.

There are so many goals technically better but for sheer emotional response it has to be Jonas vs West Ham. He knew it was his last game and after all he'd been through it felt like he was speaking on behalf of everyone with a massive F-You to ashley. That celebration, you could tell what it meant to him.

Loads already mentioned but Nobby's at home to Everton with the outside of his right peg outside of the box is worth a shout!

Robert scored a ridiculous amount of screamers - hard to put them in any kind of order but his one at Everton from a bizarre angle outside of the net was immense!

Probably Glenn Roeder vs Man City, final home game of the season, late 80s. Bullet diving header form 30 yards he was at least 12 feet off the ground. I was in the front row of the benches which might have altered my perspective, a little.

Got to be Bellamy at Feyenoord. I was at the game for Kelly's goal at Portsmouth but was too young to understand the importance. That Feyenoord game you can enjoy without what thinking what might have been.

I genuinely cant watch any of the Keegan era games they're showing on TV at the moment. Bobby era we we were not quite good enough, Man U and Arsenal were slightly better. But mid 90's we were the best team to not win the title. Heartbreaking.

Shearer's equalising volley against Everton. What a hit.

I was right behind that in the Gallowgate with my cousin. An absolte belter born out of frustration. Seem to recall Everton playing for a draw from the start of the game.

Probably isn't my favorite, but it was the first I saw live. Up until recently when the Premier League stared showing archived goals all over social media I had only seen stream quality video of it in which Martins turns into a blob of pixels as he scores.

in terms of pure simplicity Les Ferdinand's goal v QPR away 95.  massive scramble in our box then launched by warren Barton and Sir Les ran on to hit it and hammered it in. the beautiful game  :lol:

Ginola vs  Ferencvaros is top for me, with honourable mentions for Ben Arfa vs Everton and Blackburn, Shearer vs Everton and Villa, Asprilla 3rd vs Barca and Cisse vs Chelsea (1st goal) and vs Swansea

The second Robert goal vs Spurs in the 4-0.  The volley was amazing, but the second one was almost more audacious.  Amazing hit.

Always preferred the volley to the 2nd one. Might be an unpopular opinion

Ginola vs  Ferencvaros is top for me, with honourable mentions for Ben Arfa vs Everton and Blackburn, Shearer vs Everton and Villa, Asprilla 3rd vs Barca and Cisse vs Chelsea (1st goal) and vs Swansea

Think Bellamy's goal v Villa in the same game was a harder one to finish. Ball over the top and hit on the turn & half volley with the left foot.

Shearer's in the same game looked better being at the Gallowgate end as the camera was right behind it and you saw the ball the dip & swerve mid-air.

The one I think was the best: Shearer v Everton (Cisse v Chelsea, Ginola v Ferencvaros)

my personal favourite: Tino's hat-trick goal v Barcelona (great view and the nufc peak) (Albert v Man U, Ginola v Ferencvaros)

one I went wildest for: McGhee's 2nd v Leicester in the 5-4/Ferdinand equaliser in the cup at Chelsea 96/Kelly v Portsmouth

hidden gem mentions: Bracewell v Villa 94, Gavin Peacock v Swindon 92, O'Brien at mackems 91, Batty v Wimbledon 96