The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest chopey

Everton have had a shit season with all the investment they put in, they seemed to do better under Big Dunc.

Guest neesy111

I think Palace will make a change. Do they even have to pay Hodgson off? Wasn’t sure if his contract was up.

Think it's a 12 month rolling one.

They're pretty awful to watch but think Roy has done a good job to avoid a relegation battle with that Palace squad.

Zaha is good but they don't have any other standout players. Not sure how much money they've got to spend

Must be Zaha's last chance of a big move this window

Has he left it a year too late? Even Arsenal and Spurs have invested heavily in that part of that pitch - unless he wants' to take a half step up to Everton, either that or to a Champions League Club overseas.

I don't think Palace need to change Roy necessarily, they just need some players. A team relying on their forwards and midfielders is always going to struggle for goals.

possibly true but its a lot cheaper to replace a manager than get half a new team especially in the current economic climate

Must be Zaha's last chance of a big move this window

Has he left it a year too late? Even Arsenal and Spurs have invested heavily in that part of that pitch - unless he wants' to take a half step up to Everton, either that or to a Champions League Club overseas.

Zaha had his chance, blew it and will now spend the rest of his career fluttering his eyelashes at the top 6 (NZogbia style) before going to a mid table team slightly better than palace, then being a massive flop as he thinks he's too good to be there...Owen style

I don't think Palace need to change Roy necessarily, they just need some players. A team relying on their forwards and midfielders is always going to struggle for goals.

possibly true but its a lot cheaper to replace a manager than get half a new team especially in the current economic climate

Aye, but if they don't change half the team they won't finish any higher under any manager.

Aye, but if they don't change half the team they won't finish any higher under any manager.

don't underestimate peoples ability to rationalize things especially when money is involved

I think Dean Smith is a poor manager tbh.

Bit too early to tell imo. He transformed Villa first season in charge, and despite struggling this season after some heavy investment, he still bested two teams that's been in the PL the last 5 seasons. While they spent quite heavily last summer they also have a lot of their championship players who probably isn't good enough for this league still featuring for them. Would be harsh to sack him now.

I think Dean Smith is a poor manager tbh.

Bit too early to tell imo. He transformed Villa first season in charge, and despite struggling this season after some heavy investment, he still bested two teams that's been in the PL the last 5 seasons. While they spent quite heavily last summer they also have a lot of their championship players who probably isn't good enough for this league still featuring for them. Would be harsh to sack him now.

No idea how Smith turned Villa around within weeks of Bruce leaving though. I was told it takes an age to get a certain way of playing out of the system.