General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Lejeune has better distribution, both in terms of range and consistency, I feel you could say that from what we've seen of him. I don't think there are many other aspects you could say he's clearly superior, at least not from the limited amount we've seen so far.

Coloccinis passing was outstanding. To the point where a lot of people wanted to try him as a defensive midfielder. Lejeune probably has better long range passing but Colo could pass the ball out of tight situations and find a team mate in situations where I think Lejeune would just have to play the ball out for a throw in or corner just to avoid the risk of losing the ball to a pressing player.

Lejeune has better distribution, both in terms of range and consistency, I feel you could say that from what we've seen of him. I don't think there are many other aspects you could say he's clearly superior, at least not from the limited amount we've seen so far.

Coloccinis passing was outstanding. To the point where a lot of people wanted to try him as a defensive midfielder. Lejeune probably has better long range passing but Colo could pass the ball out of tight situations and find a team mate in situations where I think Lejeune would just have to play the ball out for a throw in or corner just to avoid the risk of losing the ball to a pressing player.

Yeah, that's fair. So far it appears Colo had much the better feet, so in tight situations he would distribute better. Lejeune's long range distribution is as good as we've had at CB though, maybe Bramble runs him close, but I don't think he had the consistency to match Lejeune.

Schar Lejeune Colo

Debuchy                          Enrique

Cabaye  Tiote

HBA                                Remy

Ba

would be fun to watch. Although I think Colo would be good in a David Luiz-esque sweeper type of thing that Conte used him as

Colo wasn’t the most athletic, so no to being a sweeper type.

If you're playing Enrique (and why not, he's the best left back we've had in the Premier League era) then you play Colo, they had a great understanding together.

I like the Schar-Lejeune-Colo suggestion but it would be fun to see 2 mad Argentinian CBs together as well.

One thing in the comparison is that Colo was playing alongside Taylor or Big Mike, any of our current CBs would look worse in that situation.

Another hypothetical - would Rafa have been able to get rid of Bramble's 5 minutes of madness every game?

Another hypothetical - would Rafa have been able to get rid of Bramble's 5 minutes of madness every game?

I don't think so. You look at what Rafa was especially good at, particularly in his time here, and that was getting average players to perform above what you would expect, through repeatedly drilling them to play in a certain way.

He always used to bemoan "individual errors" (he dropped Yedlin for a while because of them), and unfortunately with Titus.....

Guest Howaythetoon

Prime Colo was world-class for us, a level above anyone we’ve had even a prime fit Woodgate, certainly on the ball anyway. He didn’t spray 50-yard plus balls about like, his passing was always on point, sharp, economical and very very precise in terms of the pass required for the moment. Sadly for us, we’ve never quite had that all-round 100% combination/duo in central defence. We’ve always had a Colo alongside a Williamson or a Woodgate alongside a Bramble. Remarkably, we had Albert alongside Peacock who were arguably the best combination we’ve had, despite being complete opposite players and both defensively flawed. That says a lot about how good KK’s team was, defend from the front, attack is the best form of defence etc.

Prime Colo was world-class for us, a level above anyone we’ve had even a prime fit Woodgate, certainly on the ball anyway. He didn’t spray 50-yard plus balls about like, his passing was always on point, sharp, economical and very very precise in terms of the pass required for the moment. Sadly for us, we’ve never quite had that all-round 100% combination/duo in central defence. We’ve always had a Colo alongside a Williamson or a Woodgate alongside a Bramble. Remarkably, we had Albert alongside Peacock who were arguably the best combination we’ve had, despite being complete opposite players and both defensively flawed. That says a lot about how good KK’s team was, defend from the front, attack is the best form of defence etc.

Somewhere, some place, Ronaldo is turning in his sleep.

Guest Howaythetoon

My memory is admittedly bad but I don’t remember Colo ever being world class.

I dislike him because of how he left mind, so I’m probably biased.

For us, I meant, which I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else be for us in the centre of defence other than Woodgate. Not saying he was a world class CB. Woodgate wasn’t even, but was/performed as one for us. As did Colo.

And aye, I didn’t like how he left/his time here ended.

Given the joke that was Kinnear, Pardew then Carver with the fiasco of SA, KK, Shearer and Hughton squashed in there somewhere though, who knows what the likes of him were only prepared to put up so much with so more before the thought of being here any longer wasn’t worth thinking about. I’m sure the club’s treatment of Jonas helped make Colo give zero fucks about the club towards the end, even if he did the fans which I’m 100% certain he did.

The club certainly did nothing to twist his arm to stay, they couldn’t wait for him to fuck off to save on his wages, having to consider a new deal and of course, to peddle someone who stood up for his team-mates and spoke out, if not publicly, in private.

I don’t blame anyone over the last 12 years who put themselves or greed or whatever first and to hell with the club, even Owen.

At least Colo give his all on the pitch, repaid fans’ support and backed up his enormous salary with performances and no shortage of class with the ball at his feet while in the black and white.

I prefer to reserve any anger, resentment, bitterness and I’ll feelings for Ashley and co.

My memory is admittedly bad but I don’t remember Colo ever being world class.

I dislike him because of how he left mind, so I’m probably biased.

For us, I meant, which I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else be for us in the centre of defence other than Woodgate. Not saying he was a world class CB. Woodgate wasn’t even, but was/performed as one for us. As did Colo.

And aye, I didn’t like how he left/his time here ended.

Given the joke that was Kinnear, Pardew then Carver with the fiasco of SA, KK, Shearer and Hughton squashed in there somewhere though, who knows what the likes of him were only prepared to put up so much with so more before the thought of being here any longer wasn’t worth thinking about. I’m sure the club’s treatment of Jonas helped make Colo give zero fucks about the club towards the end, even if he did the fans which I’m 100% certain he did.

The club certainly did nothing to twist his arm to stay, they couldn’t wait for him to fuck off to save on his wages, having to consider a new deal and of course, to peddle someone who stood up for his team-mates and spoke out, if not publicly, in private.

I don’t blame anyone over the last 12 years who put themselves or greed or whatever first and to hell with the club, even Owen.

At least Colo give his all on the pitch, repaid fans’ support and backed up his enormous salary with performances and no shortage of class with the ball at his feet while in the black and white.

I prefer to reserve any anger, resentment, bitterness and I’ll feelings for Ashley and co.

If memory serves, didn't the club initially refuse to allow Colo to join San Lorenzo? Can't blame the club - he essentially wanted a free transfer out of the club - but Ashley and co forced him to stay another window or two (again, if memory serves). Given Jonas and all the rest, there's every reason to expect him to be utterly hacked off at the end

I’m starting to rethink not including Tiote in my 11. If I’m thinking the Tiote from the 5th season and the one who completely bossed Man United at home when we beat them....he and Cabaye were next level together.

Loved those games where Tiote totally bossed the middle of the field. Was an absolute beast at times.

Aye in those games he’d be playing the ball around the entire pitch like an absolute boss too. He’d hit cross field, angled into the channels, and do some classic one touch and move it around the pitch. Would love that side of him when he was on, man. He’d be doing these turns out of danger etc.