Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

If Bruce wants to get credit, he needs to take the team to Sheffield and beat them. He then needs to set the team up to get 3 points against Southampton. If he wants more credit he needs to win or draw more often then losing. He needs to actually do his job and develop the squad, he needs to set the team up to get the best out of the side, he needs to shut his fucking mouth about asking for respect etc. History has shown he's never been able to do that. So...

If Bruce wants to get credit, he needs to take the team to Sheffield and beat them. He then needs to set the team up to get 3 points against Southampton. If he wants more credit he needs to win or draw more often then losing. He needs to actually do his job and develop the squad, he needs to set the team up to get the best out of the side, he needs to shut his fucking mouth about asking for respect etc. History has shown he's never been able to do that. So...

Word!

He and many others seem to think we're doing "great" just because we're not losing every game.

Word!

He and many others seem to think we're doing "great" just because we're not losing every game.

Exactly, this is the issue as well. Know your place, Newcastle.

And that's the crux of it, really. Giving Bruce undue/overthetop praise is just a demonstration of the agendas we're well used to. Expectant Geordies, PFMs.

Jamie Redknapp

“Saturday's 2-2 DRAW with Manchester City felt just as good for those fans. They enjoyed this because Newcastle earned that POINT in style”

Everything is done in style. It's just their are many styles. I'm currently slobbing out, in the style of a sloth.

His body of work his entire career as a manager in football has been mostly bang average to bad. Emery gets booted for what he did with Arsenal - narrowly misses Champions League, loses Europa League final same season. Has a rough start to his 2nd season.

But we're supposed to just let Bruce get on the with the job.

Fuck off.

This time last season we had a -5 goal difference despite having less points, that is the platform Rafa gave us to ensure we stayed much higher in the table during the second half of the season when we started picking up more points.

The problem is, and the majority of us already know it, is that thousands just read a tweet and don't ever delve any deeper. They then jump on the bandwagon, or create one, form a club and repeat ad nauseum.

Why bother with what a few thousand idiots are repeating. Time will tell, Bruce will never, can never, exceed Rafa at anything.

The reality is that Bruce is enabling the decay.

Another one Skysports pundit Charlie Nicholas.

Steve Bruce has brought the passion back and they are nicking points here and there.”

“I think the Newcastle fans are accepting what Bruce can do with a fairly average bunch”

“Steve Bruce is doing a much better job than what Rafael Benitez did”

“They may only be four points above Southampton but they are better than where they were last season”

The Chronicle to make that into an article with the headline “Much better than Rafa” in 3...2..1 :laugh:

It’s so predictable.

There is absolutely nothing to quantify what these people are saying. It's pure agenda but based on nothing. We're literally one place better off but with a worse goal difference. We've been totally pathetic several times this season, too. Norwich, Brighton, Leicester, Villa, even Arsenal in the second half - all absolutely abysmal performances. We were never that bad that frequently under Rafa.

One thing I do like about Bruce is that he doesn't wait until the 85th minute to make a change. He'll often stick a sub on before 70 mins are up, which gives plenty of time to make an impact.

Only problem is, his changes can often make things worse. When he's brought Gayle on, he's usually made us worse by not figuring out how to get the ball to him to use his assets. He's a goal poacher who has a turn of pace, you don't want to be launching high balls at his head, he needs to be getting in the gaps or released into space. Why bring him on if you are going to continue launching high balls?

Without defending Bruce, because trust me, I don't rate him at all, I'm going to play Devil's advocate here a bit.

As you've said, Gayle doesn't thrive on long balls to his head and never will. We can all see that, so surely our players can? Why don't our players take some initiative and sack off Bruce's instructions and play it to feet/through balls?

Without defending Bruce, because trust me, I don't rate him at all, I'm going to play Devil's advocate here a bit.

As you've said, Gayle doesn't thrive on long balls to his head and never will. We can all see that, so surely our players can? Why don't our players take some initiative and sack off Bruce's instructions and play it to feet/through balls?

Because that wouldn't be following the manager's instructions, which is their job.

Another one Skysports pundit Charlie Nicholas.

Steve Bruce has brought the passion back and they are nicking points here and there.”

“I think the Newcastle fans are accepting what Bruce can do with a fairly average bunch”

“Steve Bruce is doing a much better job than what Rafael Benitez did”

“They may only be four points above Southampton but they are better than where they were last season”

The Chronicle to make that into an article with the headline “Much better than Rafa” in 3...2..1 :laugh:

It’s so predictable.

The Chronicle

@ChronicleNUFC

Charlie Nicholas on #NUFC

⏺️Newcastle are ‘very impressive’ away from home

⏺️Steve Bruce is doing a ‘much better job’ than Rafa Benitez

Well that was predictable.

I wouldn’t mind but everyday since the summer to have the same anti Rafa club PR articles they’ll probably be still doing it everyday in 2020.

Rafa Benitez should have just let the club rot in the Championship instead of staying to turn our sinking ship of a club around.

You’d never think Rafa Benitez turned our club around promoted it and then got it 10th.

“Much better job than Rafa did for Newcastle” how?

Because that wouldn't be following the manager's instructions, which is their job.

But when those instructions are clearly bollocks? I just think that surely they should take some bit of ownership of what they're doing out there. Again, not defending Bruce, think he's shit. Just to be clear :lol:

But when those instructions are clearly bollocks? I just think that surely they should take some bit of ownership of what they're doing out there. Again, not defending Bruce, think he's s***. Just to be clear :lol:

It's not up to them though if it's bollocks, that's all on Bruce, if they don't follow instructions they'll get subbed/not play next game.

That's if Bruce actually sends them out with instructions like :lol:

But when those instructions are clearly bollocks? I just think that surely they should take some bit of ownership of what they're doing out there. Again, not defending Bruce, think he's s***. Just to be clear :lol:

It's not up to them though if it's bollocks, that's all on Bruce, if they don't follow instructions they'll get subbed/not play next game.

That's if Bruce actually sends them out with instructions like :lol:

Very true re: subbed/not played, guess there's some self preservation in doing as you're told - again implying they're actually told anything :lol: