Ipswich confirm Bramble interest

ChezGiven

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/6080318.stm

Ipswich boss Jim Magilton wants to sign former Town defender Titus Bramble and Crewe midfielder David Vaughan.

Bramble, 25, who joined Newcastle from the Suffolk club in 2002, will not be given a new Magpies contract when his deal expires at the end of the season.

Magilton told the East Anglian Daily Times: "If there was a possibility of signing Titus I would do it right now."

Meanwhile, Magilton has confirmed he is interested in Crewe's left-sided player Vaughan, 23, and has had him watched.

Magilton added: "We've not asked about Titus yet but if he is available and would like to come, then we will be in there finding out."

"David is someone I like and we have watched but Crewe are not interested in doing a deal just yet.

"That may change but we now have Gary Roberts and he can do a similar job."

EDIT - i couldnt see this anywhere else...

in a strange way, i think he's far too good for the championship, but not good enough for the premiership. not sure where that leaves him...scotland?

Sell him to Rangers for £8.5m and that should see the moral and economic books balanced.

Aye sell him to Celtic or Rangers he will be a star. :D  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

BUT DO NOT SELL HIM TO ANYONE, until we have his replacement in!

I've been scouting about and have just found his replacement....http://fou-lu.net/overcooked/dog_doo_hard.jpg

...now can we sell him?  :winking:

Guest nufcandy

Aye sell him to Celtic or Rangers he will be a star. :D  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

I've been scouting about and have just found his replacement....http://fou-lu.net/overcooked/dog_doo_hard.jpg

...now can we sell him? :winking:

that is rank.....yuk

Am really not happy with the loss on this guy.

£500k? What a bunch of muppets we are.

I know i'll get wrong for saying it, but should we not at least resign his deal for another season, boost the price of those wanting?

Guest nufcandy

that is rank.....yuk

...but still has more defensive qualities than Bramble!

..bah dum dum chush :)

you set 'em up, i'll knock 'em down :winking:

...speaking of which i bowling the other week, and god i was shite, utter crap infact...just thought id say :)

Why not exactly? if we have an offer of anything of the likes of 1.5m + we should rip their arms off and now. He's proven to be a liability... What's the point of having a back up like that? he should have no more future here, get rid simple as.

...now can we sell him? :winking:

that is rank.....yuk

worse thing is....... defoe has being at his nibbling spell again

Guest Bramble OG

I know i'll get wrong for saying it, but should we not at least resign his deal for another season, boost the price of those wanting?

Problem is he wont IMO attract any premiership clubs, so were never gonna get much for him, Signing him up for another year is a waste of 1m-2m(?) in wages that we will never recoupe in a transfer for him.

Problem is he wont IMO attract any premiership clubs, so were never gonna get much for him, Signing him up for another year is a waste of 1m-2m(?) in wages that we will never recoupe in a transfer for him.

Probably.

Best thing is to get a high % of next sale in there.

So if he does come good we get some back.

£4m back for Boumsong & Bramble when we paid £13.5m is unreal.

Why not exactly? if we have an offer of anything of the likes of 1.5m + we should rip their arms off and now. He's proven to be a liability... What's the point of having a back up like that? he should have no more future here, get rid simple as.

Because we will be even more open for an arse rapeing of we are another CB down before we buy one!

Guest Bramble OG

Probably.

Maybe we can get some sort of clause that gives us say £50k for every goal his new club concededs due to a Bramble error!?

Probably.

Maybe we can get some sort of clause that gives us say £50k for every goal his new club concededs due to a Bramble error!?

I don't think Chelsea would be interested tbh