On this day...

Tooj

• 1 month later...

10 years ago today. Spurs 1-4 Newcastle.

Could have been about 8 or 9 easily. Remember Beye almost smashing the bar, Barton having a couple of more chances off the top of my head...Owen in the hole behind Viduka and Martins was genius.

What a game that was man, I'd arguably put it in my top 10 of all time. It just felt so Keegan like.

10 years ago today. Spurs 1-4 Newcastle.

Could have been about 8 or 9 easily. Remember Beye almost smashing the bar, Barton having a couple of more chances off the top of my head...Owen in the hole behind Viduka and Martins was genius.

What a game that was man, I'd arguably put it in my top 10 of all time. It just felt so Keegan like.

Just flashed up on my fb feed, had completely slipped my mind that Ashley had "KING KEV 1" on the back of his top like :anguish:

• 4 weeks later...

Our most important goal in our history was scored 26 years ago.

Indeed. I was there that day, and for all the world I would have told you he rattled it into the stanchion, as I was right behind it. However, I've just watched it again on YouTube and wasn't in the top corner at all, only about halfway up the net. Funny how the mind plays tricks.

• 2 weeks later...

Was such a weird day for me that one.

Utterly ecstatic at the game then got home to first wife later who told me she was divorcing me!

Swings and roundabouts....

Do you reckon she knew weeks in advance but saved it for that day ?

I missed the Man Utd game a few months later ( Papavasilou to Cole, first point in the premier league) due to moving my stuff out of the house after living with my girlfriend of the time for 3 years.

Do you see a pattern here, they just can't stand seeing us happy. 😎

:lol:

Aye real dream wrecking stuff. Think it was all pre-planned in my case, just to really twist that knife.

Can look back and chuckle now but obviously at the time the smile from the game was wiped in seconds. Sobered up damn quick too  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

I was sadly hoping we went down that day, all it did was save it for another year. Ironic it ws Jonas who saved the day given how appealing th lib had treat him towards the end.

I was sadly hoping we went down that day, all it did was save it for another year. Ironic it ws Jonas who saved the day given how appealing th lib had treat him towards the end.

Pissed at this hour?

Guest Howaythetoon

Pissed at this hour?

Nah, this is at the time AO was prominent and I just wanted us to crash and burn to get the fat cunt out.

That was a lovely ball with the outside of his foot.

I was the same as HTT. I enjoyed the goal for Jonas, but a large part of me definitely wanted us to go down at that point. If I remember rightly, we'd have stayed up regardless of our game because of other results.