Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

• 4 weeks later...

Ashington 1-6 Hebburn - superb performance! Cedwyn Scott with four - he’s notched 10 in 155 minutes! Sunderland after him!

Yeah, he really shone at NL so fingers crossed he can carry that on to Carlisle! Canny lad too!

Trial with us!

Signed a permanent deal with Carlisle, good luck to him.

• 5 weeks later...

Been so badly organised.

Yeah, been a right mess. Can't remember the specifics but I think this means a £14m grant has gone right down the drain.

Aye, the York chairman was saying as much on Look North earlier in the week. Said he’d prefer it not to have started and the money be used to help those in need or something.

In retrospect they should have started from last years points and finished it off this season and then just end it and furlough. Easy to say now though.

Four canny players have become available. Would Hebburn fancy a dabble?

https://southshieldsfc.co.uk/club-statement-transition-to-full-time-training-model/

Ha ha I said last night I wonder how many of the four Hebburn snap up!

Phil Turnbull works for the same company as me and works shifts so can understand him not wanting to commit.

Think Hebburn would be a good move for him. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

If I was cynical I would assume that the FA are happy about this as it may force a few clubs to the wall which would help them in their bid to get B teams within the football pyramid, maybe with some of the better football grounds of the defunct teams being sold to the bigger clubs, meanwhile the Tories will be happy that the football grounds left remaining will be prime housing development land that they can pick up in the cheap.

If I was cynical.