N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

If there was mass interest in this, would it be logisitically viable to make this a larger scale and getting, say, 2 hours worth of game time and having 2 11 v 11 matches, an hour each?

That would be excellent, could even do it so you have 11 v 11 for half an hour then swap, for the full two hours. People ain't that fit tbh. :lol:

Be good to have a crowd I guess and to get to know some of the fellas around the sides. Good shout.

Northern gimp is a class centreback, big stopping fucker,

His lass says he hasn't got much staying power though.

Will you be making an appearance?

Me?

Count me in.  As long as its a nice day.

If there was mass interest in this, would it be logisitically viable to make this a larger scale and getting, say, 2 hours worth of game time and having 2 11 v 11 matches, an hour each?

That would be excellent, could even do it so you have 11 v 11 for half an hour then swap, for the full two hours. People ain't that fit tbh. :lol:

Be good to have a crowd I guess and to get to know some of the fellas around the sides. Good shout.

can we not play in a hospital carpark, im 40 and cant run round after 19yr olds.

Guest Heneage

can we not play in a hospital carpark, im 40 and cant run round after 19yr olds.

I just envisiged Miguel running round in shorts going "Chase me chase me"

Could everyone please state their three preferred positions (anyone saying missionary gets a punch) and also any other suggestions they have for venue, date etc?

I'll get Stephen to c+p these into the OP tomorrow.

Greg

Optimistic Nut

Pilko - CF, CM, RW - Reckon either The Parks or Heaton Manor would be the best venue.

Stephen927

Lien

nufc_kev

Nixon

robbo_11

Fugazi

The Prophet

Jawesome

buzza

cp40

Northerngimp

Dr Venkman - CF, CB, RB

I'd be interested but at Durham uni so it would have to depend on time/date/availability etc.

Played up front for school 1st XIin year 12/13, but guess I could play on either wing if it came to it.

Like i said though might be quite difficult seen as I'm not living there n have matches pretty much every weekend.

Guest Heneage

I'd be interested but at Durham uni so it would have to depend on time/date/availability etc.

Played up front for school 1st XIin year 12/13, but guess I could play on either wing if it came to it.

Like i said though might be quite difficult seen as I'm not living there n have matches pretty much every weekend.

I'm Durham too so we could travel together if you aren't too sure on places and times mate.

I can play RB, CM or Striker.

Guest Heneage

I would but it's too f***ing cold.

:hom:

Even in 6 layers of clothing I'd still skin you alive, mind.

Luca, get playin man, Toni and Del Pnixonero up front.  :coolsmiley:

Give me a time and date and I'll do my best to be there to rock your socks off with my now completely shite pace but fairly good crosses :thup:

I'm best at right wing, can do left wing. Shite at striker as my positioning sucks, and put me in defence and I'll have a red card in five mins, seriously. I suck at defending against fast strikers so I just clip them down.

Guest Stephen927

Ok, I've edited the original post with the updated members and positions, looks like a canny good few members for how long this idea has been put forward for, well done lads!

CP40 - what would Dean Windass say? Teddy Sheringham?  Dion Dublin? Plus you need to turn up if northerngimp wants to play ;) :lol:

I'll leave this open another day or so, hopefully we'll have the numbers then to start looking at teams/venues/dates etc.

I'm in favour of the two 11v11s if the numbers are that big. Could even get a little tournament going tbh if we shortened the match times depending on peoples fitness.

Anyways, well done so far.  :clap:

Guest Stephen927

Nice one lads.

Was thinking last night about the quality of players playing. If we do have a situation whereby the difference in quality between teams is too much, we'll maybe think about swapping a couple of players round to make it more even? Just an idea.

Guest nufc_kev

Could everyone please state their three preferred positions (anyone saying missionary gets a punch) and also any other suggestions they have for venue, date etc?

I'll get Stephen to c+p these into the OP tomorrow.

Greg

Optimistic Nut

Pilko - CF, CM, RW - Reckon either The Parks or Heaton Manor would be the best venue.

Stephen927

Lien

nufc_kev

Nixon

robbo_11

Fugazi

The Prophet

Jawesome

buzza

cp40

Northerngimp

Dr Venkman - CF, CB, RB

KEEPER

CF

CB

Nice one lads.

Was thinking last night about the quality of players playing. If we do have a situation whereby the difference in quality between teams is too much, we'll maybe think about swapping a couple of players round to make it more even? Just an idea.

Aye, no one likes to get raped for fun.

really epends on times/ days for me, i think an evening match under the floodlights would be best chance for eveyone, and id like to nominate the parks, for purely selfish reasons.

i can play a midfield holding role, just tidying up, no real running, or as we wont have linesmen, a sweeper, like beckenbauer, with the odd saunter forward, but if your all fit as fuck, and taking it all seriously, im not fit enough.

Guest Stephen927

I'm 19 and haven't ran in God knows how long, probably why I'm more suited to the centre back positions. I don't think it'll be taken too seriously, it's more about having a bit fun and a kick about and gives everyone a chance to meet everyone and put a face to the names.

Yeah an evening game will probably be the most likely to happen. If people could start putting down times that suit them best and a venue they'd like it to be at then that'd be a help, get that out of the way nice and early.