Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Rafa makes players better/look better.

Sean Longstaff should thank his lucky stars that he has Rafas tutelage at such a young age.

There's a few of our players who would be absolute dog shit under worse managers.

After showing promise in preseason you can be sure that he’s spent six months of first team training being primed by Rafa in his team to know exactly what they want from him and what he should be doing in different situations.

He’s clearly been listening as it shows from the consistency in his early performances and the faith Rafa has shown in him.

Colback for example was the exact opposite.

I don't think Pep was thinking "relative to how Busquets plays" when he made that comment.  Rafa set up our pivot to perfection, so both players shone.

Nah I just mean in terms of rating an holding midfielder Pep should be one of the best in the world.

Like this lad, really want him to do well.

Didn’t realise Alan Thompson was his uncle, either.

I heard that, so is it the same Alan Thompson who used to play for us in Ardiles' team of teenagers back in the old second division?

I heard that, so is it the same Alan Thompson who used to play for us in Ardiles' team of teenagers back in the old second division?

I think it’s the one who used to play for Bolton and was a coach here once too. Could be wrong.

I think it’s the one who used to play for Bolton and was a coach here once too. Could be wrong.

I think the Ardiles Thompson played for Bolton as well, could be the same one?

It's a shame he is likely to get lost in the shuffle over the next couple of weeks. He deserves to keep his place tbh. Going back to a squad role now is going to suck for his development.

Rafa will keep working with him. I think he will get the wolves game too tbf.

Getting better with each match and is definitely a Premier League midfielder from what I've seen of him so far. Seems to have a decent engine and is very tidy in possession, while also having the ability to turn the play faster than Diame and Ki generally do. Has to retain his place in the team even when the others are fit, for me.