Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

People don't even know what the 11th signifies and that's the problem. As much as I agree we should admire our armed forces, I wear the poppy because I have relatives who now lie in sunken merchant vessels in the North Sea sank by U-boats in WW1 in a war they never subscribed to - a conflict forgotten in this whole debacle.

Guest neesy111

People don't even know what the 11th signifies and that's the problem. As much as I agree we should admire our armed forces, I wear the poppy because I have relatives who now lie in sunken merchant vessels in the North Sea sank by U-boats in WW1 in a war they never subscribed to - a conflict forgotten in this whole debacle.

Nah, I'm sure many know what the 11th means.

Nah, I'm sure many know what the 11th means.

Really? How many young people are growing up knowing half of what went on in the Second World War let alone 100 years ago. Kids I taught barely believed I grew up without a mobile. I know they aren't the majority like but that's the emerging zeitgeist.

Yaya has released the following statement today on his situation at Manchester City this season.

“I wish to apologise – on behalf of myself and those who represent me – to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past.

“Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

“I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club’s history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

“On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family.”

http://www.officialyayatoure.com/manchester-city/statement/

FIFA are utter c***s. I'll tell you who else is as well - every footballer who played a game in early November, in or for England between 1921 and 2009 without a poppy on their shirt. Disrespectful w*****s.

Why not since 2009? I'm sure it's blatantly obvious and I'm just thick as f*** for not knowing

I'm being facetious, 2009 was the first time poppies appeared on Premier League, and subsequently England shirts. Now it's making its way into the f***ing House of Commons, how much of a disgrace it is that they can't have one on the shirt for a particular game. Never seemed to bother anyone in the 88 years they went without but of course that wasn't in an era when we must all show extremely publicly how deeply sad we are about something, as much and as obviously as possible. Surprised an 11th minute applause hasn't been mooted yet.

Bang on the fucking money as per!

Got to love how the FA will piss and moan about poppies and then flog our cups off to dorty forrins at the first opportunity.

wew now this is run by the all powerful EFL, the FA cup sponsored by little chef doesn't get sullied like this.

In the latest FourFourTwo they interview Harry Redknapp and I loved this answer by him

Have you ever got so furious with a player that you've scared yourself?

You can get pretty angry sometimes. The worst was during a game against Southampton, with Don Hutchinson. He had let a runner go and it could have cost us the game. I booted a plate of sandwiches at him. He had egg and little bits of cress hanging off his face.