Copa America 2019

2-0 Argentina - Dybala. What a disgrace keeping him on the bench the entire tournament. One goal and one assist and he’s probably played an hour overall.

Tbf Lautaro Martinez was the best player on the pitch against Venezuela and this is basically a friendly

Chile need to retire 3/4 of their squad after this tournament.

Gotta say though, Jean Beasajour’s trophy cabinet is quite impressive. A League Cup with Birmingham, FA Cup with Wigan and two Copa Americas! For a player who’s average at beat, it is quite incredible.

Erm, why wasn't VAR used for that? Its one of the worst decisions you'd ever see :lol:

Wait you blaming VAR for that? :laugh:

I'm in favour of VAR, that's why I'm asking why it wasn't used

Erm, why wasn't VAR used for that? Its one of the worst decisions you'd ever see :lol:

Wait you blaming VAR for that? :laugh:

I'm in favour of VAR, that's why I'm asking why it wasn't used

Not sure.

But he did see the entire incident up close so not sure even a slow mo video replay would have changed his mind.

He seemed like he couldn’t get his Red card out quick enough :lol:

Gotta say though, Jean Beasajour’s trophy cabinet is quite impressive. A League Cup with Birmingham, FA Cup with Wigan and two Copa Americas! For a player who’s average at beat, it is quite incredible.

Chile’s weird, beyond Alexis and Vidal none of their core squad over the past 5-6 years have been world-class players. Been blessed with some quality managers who’ve been able to get great results.

I have missed most of the Copa other than Brazil and Argentina, and cannot believe that he still plays for Chile. :lol: I haven't heard of him in 4-5 years and he wasn't particularly good at that time either. It will be interesting to see what direction they take ahead of the Copa next year and the start of World Cup qualifiers around the same time. I agree with Deuce that they should forcibly retire a lot of this team, but there does not seem to be comparable young talent around.

Guest Gonzo

Would be interested to see the betting activity for sendings off there. Such a dodgy decision. He did nothing and didn’t even react to the guy.

A total set up.

Messi going all Drogba on the Copa America :lol:

Thread of his comments after the game

Been extremely pathetic. I love Messi but he seems to forget they almost got eliminated in the group stages in a group with Paraguay and Qatar. He has given found an excuse after every game, I think he’s starting to feel pressure regarding his legacy with the national team. I hope for his sake they win it at home next year, but the way he has carried himself this Copa America has really left a bad taste.

Messi going all Drogba on the Copa America :lol:

Thread of his comments after the game

Been extremely pathetic. I love Messi but he seems to forget they almost got eliminated in the group stages in a group with Paraguay and Qatar. He has given found an excuse after every game, I think he’s starting to feel pressure regarding his legacy with the national team. I hope for his sake they win it at home next year, but the way he has carried himself this Copa America has really left a bad taste.

Aye plus no one's mentioned there were previous between Medel and Messi during that match. And then the incident that got them sent off, Messi kicked Medel and then swiped out provoking Medel's reaction. Do I think a red was warranted? No, but I can understand why he pulled it out. The Chile players were surrounding the ref every time a foul was committed so his head was already gone. There is no conspiracy to keep Messi or Argentina down.