Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I refuse to sell to Peter Kenyon because he failed to prove he had the £150m required to spend on players. This deal was not in the best interest of the fans who deserve someone to take them to the next level. I will continue to back Rafa and the boys for the rest of the season with every penny the club generates. I look forward to sitting down with Rafa and discussing his new contract to bring some much needed stability to the club.

:lol: Fuck off.

Yes he does.

No he doesn’t

Yeah, except that he does and there's a mountain of evidence to back that up. Keep up, man.

What evidence please show me

People who aren't arsed about boycotts and protests generally don't hire a PR firm (KBA) to specifically tackle them.

Then there's the following:

"The Spurs boycott genuinely shocked Ashley and made NUFC the highest spenders in Europe as a result" - Luke Edwards and corroborated by George Caulkin at a Talk in last December, from a source close to Ashley.

[tweet]1058112196302041090[/tweet]?s=09

Then there's:

Keegan protest - Ashley immediately puts the club up for sale and puts out his first woe is me statement including "I've got the message, you don't need to protest"

Hull protest – KBA attempt to undermine the protest by announcing Jonas' cancer after they'd treated him terribly. Extra security on turnstiles and banners removed from protesters.

Singing section sings about Ashley - Ashley removes the singing section.

TMG starts - Ashley goes on Sky to lie and his KBA goons (Keys, Gray, Wise, Jordan, White, Ferdinand) go on to defend him.

Sportsredirect – Ashley hires a new law firm to have site shut down

Protest movement starts to target Sports Direct - Major Sports Direct shareholders literally advise other shareholders to vote against Ashley as CEO at the following AGM because "negative media stories about Ashley have damaged the company's public image."

Keith Bishop overheard at an airport assuring someone calling on behalf of Ashley that "Don't worry, it'll all blow over in a month"

Ponteland meal – Ashley resorts to sticking his Vs up at protesters

Approached by fan in London – Ashley tries to start on him.

Approached at the committee last week - "Please don't bother me no more"

11 minute walk in – match stream is turned off in foyer.

Wolves boycott - goes on Sky to announce that club is as far along as it's ever been to being sold, local journalists and True Faith remove backing for protest, protest cancelled.

That's just off the top of my head with me on my phone, if I was on the computer I'd have sources and links for all of the above. There are also plenty of other examples, including his fake bid set up with Sky and David Craig (KBA client again), his general thin-skin over everything.

So yes, he does care. He cares because it affects Sports Direct.

Great post.

No it's not those events happened but as I said and im my opinion the only reason he FOR THE FIRST TIME actually came out and said about a deal being possible was to start a bidding war as he now has reported genuine interest from people who may have the funds to give him the price he wants. In the 11 year we have had countless protests, chants you name it and he still refuses to invest money or sell the club until he gets the price he wants and that will always be the case. The only time he will ever give a fuck about protests and boycotts is if people start to ditch their season tickets. Will the sale happen nobody can tell as he moves the goalposts so much but to say that the broadcast made was as a result of protests and a non entity of a boycott - nah not having that.

ElCid will be telling us that booing Ayoze doesn’t effect his confidence either. News flash, people care.

Maybe if you read my post about the booing you may not have showed yourself up by putting that.

Guest firetotheworks

Well you'll have to forgive me for thinking that your opinion's absolutely shite then ElCid. :lol: Everyone's got an opinion, it means nowt if you've got nothing whatsoever to back it up.

As usual the 'he doesn't give a shit man!' point has migrated to 'he hasn't sold the club though!' - aye, no shit, but that wasn't your original point. It's always the way whenever this stuff is presented to people.

Well you'll have to forgive me for thinking that your opinion's absolutely shite then ElCid. :lol: Everyone's got an opinion, it means nowt if you've got nothing whatsoever to back it up.

As usual the 'he doesn't give a shit man!' point has migrated to 'he hasn't sold the club though!' - aye, no shit, but that wasn't your original point. It's always the way whenever this stuff is presented to people.

And I think your opinion is total shite also my original point has and always has been that the broadcast was not because of any January window embargo, protests or any boycotts - your spectrum and my spectrum of thought are miles apart and always have been -  these things happen move on.

Guest firetotheworks

And I think your opinion is total shite also my original point has and always has been that the broadcast was not because of any January window embargo, protests or any boycotts - your spectrum and my spectrum of thought are miles apart and always have been -  these things happen move on.

Well that's the good thing about having something to back your opinion up, it doesn't matter whether anyone thinks it's shite or not. :lol:

Well that's the good thing about having something to back your opinion up, it doesn't matter whether anyone thinks it's shite or not. :lol:

Not one thing backed up your opinion - the man is still at the club, still refusing to put anything in and still refusing to go until someone pays the price he is looking for - now they are actual facts that's not opinion.

Guest firetotheworks

My opinion that Ashley gives a shit isn't backed up with any of those things? :lol: He must have hired a PR company, went on Sky, spent £80m as a direct result of the Spurs boycott, tried to appease SD shareholders, put out statements talking about not protesting, took the squad out for a meal, sent out cease and desists, stuck his Vs up at protesters, asked them to leave him alone, either all for shits and giggles or to show everyone just how much he doesn't care then. Absolutely laughable that you would look at all that and still try and claim he doesn't care.

You carry on though - opinions based on that winning combination of arrogance and ignorance.

ElCid will be telling us that booing Ayoze doesn’t effect his confidence either. News flash, people care.

Maybe if you read my post about the booing you may not have showed yourself up by putting that.

I’m certainly the one showing myself up, absolutely :lol:

My opinion that Ashley gives a shit isn't backed up with any of those things? [emoji38]

Okay then, you do you - opinions based on that winning combination of arrogance and ignorance.

I’m certainly the one showing myself up, absolutely [emoji38]

Ok  [emoji38]

I’m not sure Ashley not selling the club has a direct correlation to how much the protests annoy him. If the protests spark any action at all (backing the manager, not doing stupid things like renaming the stadium etc) then they have value. The whole “it’s pointless, he’s not sold us yet so obviously he never will” is up there with “support the team, not the regime” as one of the most annoying phrases on here.

No your original post that triggered this exchange was...

"He does not give one fuck unfortunately about any boycott"

Now would a boycott force him to sell? Maybe not, but as KI has proved, any action against him does result in a response. So he does give a fuck and you are wrong.

Well you'll have to forgive me for thinking that your opinion's absolutely shite then ElCid. [emoji38] Everyone's got an opinion, it means nowt if you've got nothing whatsoever to back it up.

No your original post that triggered this exchange was...

"He does not give one fuck unfortunately about any boycott"

Now would a boycott force him to sell? Maybe not, but as KI has proved, any action against him does result in a response. So he does give a fuck and you are wrong.

Sorry I disagree he's still at the club, no investment and won't sell unless his price is met - he actually started to turn up to matches as a fuck you to the support and then the fat fucker made sure he was was seen laughing at the protests. If the protests were something like West Ham did last season or people actually ditched their season tickets then that probably would be different and have an effect. He has the money in his pocket - he knows the vast majority of the support won't protest or boycott anyway - so as I said I disagree if people think that's a load of shit fair enough eveyone is entitled to an opinion.

Not one thing backed up your opinion - the man is still at the club, still refusing to put anything in and still refusing to go until someone pays the price he is looking for - now they are actual facts that's not opinion.

Of course it backed up his opinion, everytime there was a protest or he has been confronted, there has been some kind of reaction from Ashley. Clearly it has not been enough for him to sell, but there has still been a reaction.....he is one of the most thin skinned people in around.

For what it's worth, I think he may actually sell this time around, mainly because he needs the money for other ventures.....but the protests have definitely got under his skin, they have in the main changed the media rhetoric against him, and he has nowhere to go this time.