Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

No doubt. I do like the transfer podcast though. Dharmesh has such a low opinion of himself that the guest feels comfortable and talks and talks. The Sir Les one is great for this. A lot of time spent talking about his time here and the circumstances that led to his departure.

I've just watched that interview on the strength of what you said.

Yeah, it's an honest, intelligent and convincing account of his time here, and of why ultimately we weren't successful. A great watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyones love affair with Bielsa.

Leeds in general. Supposedly everyone’s second favourite team. Fuck off, they’re vile.

I don't get stuff like this. I mean fair enough if from previous rivalries you don't like them - I obviously get that part and same goes for any given club - but what's the disdain about people potentially liking a team that goes out to attack the opposition and therefore is very entertaining to watch?

It feels like a lot of people take the opposite position to popular rhetoric just to be contrary, as opposed to maybe just accepting they seem to be entertaining, and it's great to have such an innovative, different manager in the league?

It doesn't automatically mean you have to love everything about them, or even like them at all - but it's hardly unreasonable why some may take a liking.

Everyones love affair with Bielsa.

Leeds in general. Supposedly everyone’s second favourite team. Fuck off, they’re vile.

I don't get stuff like this. I mean fair enough if from previous rivalries you don't like them - I obviously get that part and same goes for any given club - but what's the disdain about people potentially liking a team that goes out to attack the opposition and therefore is very entertaining to watch?

It feels like a lot of people take the opposite position to popular rhetoric just to be contrary, as opposed to maybe just accepting they seem to be entertaining, and it's great to have such an innovative, different manager in the league?

It doesn't automatically mean you have to love everything about them, or even like them at all - but it's hardly unreasonable why some may take a liking.

The vast majority of people that like the Leeds football team, probably have never been to Leeds. But somebody had a bad Friday at trinity so the world should hate them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When referees try and play an advantage, but there isn’t one. Then they don’t pull it back because it’s perceived that too much time has gone since the foul, even though there wasn’t an advantage to begin with.

Playing advantage these days just seems to be a reflection that the same team has the ball, even if they’re 40 yards from goal and have no team mates in sight.

There’s no real advantage at times and a free kick would probably be more useful.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Disco said:

The death of the long sleeve shirt

Aye. I’d probably near kill someone to still have my 95-97 LS (H) with Asprilla on the back.

15 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Shit, I hadn't even noticed - but now that I think of it... Do they still sell them?

I think some teams/clubs do but not all, nowhere near as common on players either.