NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

I’d imagine it’s seen as bad crack to be openly throwing manager’s names about when Bruce, as inept as he is, is still currently employed. Wouldn’t show them in a favourable light at all when the takeover hasn’t actually happened yet. I’ve got no doubt they’ve sounded a few people out but would never leak it directly or via Caulkin.

Yup. Poch stuff is coming from his side (Ozzie) that’s something they have little control over.

99% certain it’ll be poch and before the end of the season, the other 1% is Rafa at the end of the season.

I can’t see Poch willing to come in at the end of the season with just 4 weeks preparation for the start of next season I think this will be a big problem in getting a top manager if they do let Bruce see out this season until August.

Poch/Benitez/Allegri very unlikely to accept just 4 weeks preparation time before next season.

This is why Bruce needs to be binned straight away.

I can’t see Poch willing to come in at the end of the season with just 4 weeks preparation for the start of next season I think this will be a big problem in getting a top manager if they do intend to let Bruce see out this season until August.

Next season won’t start in august.

I can’t see Poch willing to come in at the end of the season with just 4 weeks preparation for the start of next season I think this will be a big problem in getting a top manager if they do let Bruce see out this season until August.

Poch/Benitez/Allegri very unlikely to accept just 4 weeks preparation time before next season.

This is why Bruce needs to be binned straight away.

We’d be lucky to see this current season finish before August! I agree with youR point to some extent, top managers want time to get things in place and the current pandemic situation poses us some problems with someone like Poch or Allegri. That’s why I’m hoping Rafa comes in now more than ever because he knows the situation that the club is in and can hit the ground running.

Caulkin knows what Staveley wants but Staveley won't be in control of the Club.

This is what matter. In assumption Staveley wants Rafa. The Reubens through their son Jamie wants Poch. The Saudis want Allegeri.

This is what matter. In assumption Staveley wants Rafa. The Reubens through their son Jamie wants Poch. The Saudis want Allegeri.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is fairly close to the case :laugh:

It’ll end up being a collective decision/choice though obviously not just one person making it.

I don’t think he said he wants to live in London. He said he’s living in London at the moment but is open to anything, even a different country.

I don’t think he’s been approached yet, but he’s basically saying to whoever, sell me a project to work on and I’ll listen.

I’d be delighted if he came in as manager but my first choice is Rafa all the way. To see what he could do with a proper budget..

He said his family is settled in London, so the Premier league is still holds a big pull for him, but he wouldn't rule out a move abroad just because of that. To me that translates as a job in Newcastle would suit him just fine, he didn't say anything about staying in London either. The reasons he gave for preferring London was his kids have been brought up in England, so moving to another part of the country would probably not be as big a wrench as going to another country altogether.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is fairly close to the case :laugh:

It’ll end up being a collective decision/choice though obviously not just one person making it.

Yes collective decision but bear in mind 80% allows you to make the final decision yours.

Poor us. How ever will we cope. :lol:

Guest awaymag

Once the takeover is announced, I hope they bin Bruce and bring their 1st choice in straight away.

Bruce is not going to be the one to take the club forward, so why would they say,  go on then we will let you manage the rest of the season?  Bring in the new person, it gives that person time to review the setup, the players and then make a shortlist of who should stay, who should stay and so who do we bring in, player wise.

Dont waste 8 weeks being nice to Bruce, he didn't when at Sheff Wed, gotta take the rough with the smooth.  Be interesting to see which clubs come in for Bruce.

I don’t think he said he wants to live in London. He said he’s living in London at the moment but is open to anything, even a different country.

I don’t think he’s been approached yet, but he’s basically saying to whoever, sell me a project to work on and I’ll listen.

I’d be delighted if he came in as manager but my first choice is Rafa all the way. To see what he could do with a proper budget..

Basically this.

Correct, on all points.

Once the takeover is announced, I hope they bin Bruce and bring their 1st choice in straight away.

Bruce is not going to be the one to take the club forward, so why would they say,  go on then we will let you manage the rest of the season?  Bring in the new person, it gives that person time to review the setup, the players and then make a shortlist of who should stay, who should stay and so who do we bring in, player wise.

Dont waste 8 weeks being nice to Bruce, he didn't when at Sheff Wed, gotta take the rough with the smooth.  Be interesting to see which clubs come in for Bruce.

This season will just be getting played out and we will be just aiming for the 4-5 points that should see us stay up. There is no real chance of us achieving anything more than that and no chance of breaking into the European spots.

Even Brice should be able to see us to safety with the fixtures we have left.

Why would you have your new manager manage a squad he would largely not be using the following season, in circumstances where it’s going to be difficult to get them to train at a level he’d want and a style he’d want. On top of that the club will be playing matches every 3/4 days in conditions where I don’t think form is going to matter as lots of teams may not be playing as best they can do and be playing simply to earn their wage.

Bringing a new manager in that situation is very difficult and almost impossible for him to get it right. In all honesty I don’t think bringing a new manager in now would put us in any greater position.

I’m by no means a Bruce fan and look forward to the day managers like him have no chance of ever being on our shortlist for managers, let alone manage us, however I do believe he should see this out.

You know it's coming, after a week of abuse when the takeover is official.

"Toon-Army: Owners go to war."

Battle lines have been drawn as new turmoil hits disaster club Newcastle. In an exclusive, the Mirror understands that the three new ownership parties are unable to agree on who they want to take the hot seat in one of football's most thankless positions. The one thing they can agree on is ripping away the "job of a lifetime" for lifelong toon fan Steve Bruce. Classy Bruce declined to comment but many top names across the game have thrown their support behind the former Manchester United legend and branded his treatment "an absolute disgrace." Speaking exclusively to Mirror readers, Paul Parker is one of many sending a message to the magpies new owners. "It's not surprising in a game now dictated by who has the most money but Steve obviously deserves better. He deserves a chance." Former Newcastle idol Kevin Nolan added "He is popular up there and people love him, Stevie didnt get given any resources yet look at the job he has done up there with nothing. You would think they (new owners) would want someone that knows the club and area."

Follow us tomorrow for an exclusive sit down interview with former executive director of football Dennis Wise about what the new owners need to do to succeed at Newcastle.

This season will just be getting played out and we will be just aiming for the 4-5 points that should see us stay up. There is no real chance of us achieving anything more than that and no chance of breaking into the European spots.

Even Brice should be able to see us to safety with the fixtures we have left.

Why would you have your new manager manage a squad he would largely not be using the following season, in circumstances where it’s going to be difficult to get them to train at a level he’d want and a style he’d want. On top of that the club will be playing matches every 3/4 days in conditions where I don’t think form is going to matter as lots of teams may not be playing as best they can do and be playing simply to earn their wage.

Bringing a new manager in that situation is very difficult and almost impossible for him to get it right. In all honesty I don’t think bringing a new manager in now would put us in any greater position.

I’m by no means a Bruce fan and look forward to the day managers like him have no chance of ever being on our shortlist for managers, let alone manage us, however I do believe he should see this out.

Agree with this basically. I think unless the new manager is going to be Pochettino, would probably just be a lot cleaner to let Bruce see the season out and start with a fresh slate next season with the new man in charge.

Poor us. How ever will we cope. :lol:

Remember all those times we'd be wondering if we might manage to land some one legged asthmatic from Ligue 2 and VI would pop his head in to casually mention he was torn over signing Neymar or Suarez to best complement Messi?

Nice to be on the other side of it for once :lol:

Bruce has no long term future here. We know it, he knows it, the players know it, PIF know it, every pfm knows it.

Save some time, pay him off and get someone  who's up to the job

Agreed.

Pie him off (both literally and figuratively) on the first day of the new regime.

The new manager, hopefully Rafa, will need as much time as possible to start putting things right. Who knows when the season will be concluded and the new one started? - we may have a very much truncated close season.

Would like the new owners to announce a deal with Pochettino for next season as soon as possible.

Then let Bruce finish this season. He's proud enough to be here and will finish the season in a good manner.

This season is all about to stay in the PL and 4-5 points from 9 games would be enough. Change manager now for a few games won't do any good.

Let Bruce finish this season and let Pochettino analyse what we've got and start the plans for next season.

Would like the new owners to announce a deal with Pochettino for next season as soon as possible.

Then let Bruce finish this season. He's proud enough to be here and will finish the season in a good manner.

This season is all about to stay in the PL and 4-5 points from 9 games would be enough. Change manager now for a few games won't do any good.

Let Bruce finish this season and let Pochettino analyse what we've got and start the plans for next season.

Couldn't disagree more.  Get Bruce out at all costs.  He could quite easily mess the rest of the season up and we could be looking at relegation.

Absolutely no point keeping Bruce for any amount of time. Prolonging just means slower progress with the new manager.

As much as people could argue they might upset few Bruce supporters by binning him they would upset a shit load more fans if they dont.

They don't need to pander to the press or crusty pros. Its business if they want a successful club Bruce should have no part in it as a manager or anything around that.

You know it's coming, after a week of abuse when the takeover is official.

"Toon-Army: Owners go to war."

Battle lines have been drawn as new turmoil hits disaster club Newcastle. In an exclusive, the Mirror understands that the three new ownership parties are unable to agree on who they want to take the hot seat in one of football's most thankless positions. The one thing they can agree on is ripping away the "job of a lifetime" for lifelong toon fan Steve Bruce. Classy Bruce declined to comment but many top names across the game have thrown their support behind the former Manchester United legend and branded his treatment "an absolute disgrace." Speaking exclusively to Mirror readers, Paul Parker is one of many sending a message to the magpies new owners. "It's not surprising in a game now dictated by who has the most money but Steve obviously deserves better. He deserves a chance." Former Newcastle idol Kevin Nolan added "He is popular up there and people love him, Stevie didnt get given any resources yet look at the job he has done up there with nothing. You would think they (new owners) would want someone that knows the club and area."

Follow us tomorrow for an exclusive sit down interview with former executive director of football Dennis Wise about what the new owners need to do to succeed at Newcastle.

:lol: