NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Wants to live in London - no can do Poch

Rafa's full time base wasn't here either (his family never moved up here also), so I would imagine it would be something of a similar arrangement if it was him.

Think Rafa's main home was nearer Liverpool actually, have a feeling his family stayed there when he worked in Italy because he didn't want to uproot his kids.

Rafa's full time base wasn't here either (his family never moved up here also), so I would imagine it would be something of a similar arrangement if it was him.

Think Rafa's main home was nearer Liverpool actually, have a feeling his family stayed there when he worked in Italy because he didn't want to uproot his kids.

On the Wirrall innit

Guest godzilla

It was (and still is) and that's why the reason Poch living in London would not be an issue.

Poch is still second choice for me, if he's now saying he'd be staying in London as well then that just moves him further down the list for me. With the amount of money that's being talked about and the scope of what the Saudis want NUFC to become, any manager coming in needs to have the club at the centre of their interests. London is a shitehole, it's a place that believes it's own hype, it's a dirty, stinking, overcrowded dungheap and I'm afraid celebs fawning over it just because of said hype means they can keep it for all I care - there's a reason the commuter belt is so popular, anyone with half a brain doesn't want to live in the smoke.

... plus I'd rather have Rafa  :lol:

Celebrities only like London because it's full of sad cunts who will fawn over their celebrity status and allow them to complain about the life of a celebrity.

Guest godzilla

I don't know, London just seems like that much more of a trek, plus how knackered would someone be that lives 5 hours away from their job? They'd never have a decent sleeping pattern!!!

Do you honestly think he would be going home each day after finishing training etc. He would be based up here most of the time as again Rafa was, do you really think Rafa made that trip home each day? It's not a 5 hour commute by plane either.

I don't know, London just seems like that much more of a trek, plus how knackered would someone be that lives 5 hours away from their job? They'd never have a decent sleeping pattern!!!

Do you honestly think he would be going home each day after finishing training etc. He would be based up here most of the time as again Rafa was, do you really think Rafa made that trip home each day? It's not a 5 hour commute by plane either.

Lol, don't be daft, but even a couple of trips home a week messes with the old bodyclock.

I don’t think he said he wants to live in London. He said he’s living in London at the moment but is open to anything, even a different country.

I don’t think he’s been approached yet, but he’s basically saying to whoever, sell me a project to work on and I’ll listen.

I’d be delighted if he came in as manager but my first choice is Rafa all the way. To see what he could do with a proper budget..

Supposedly one of the problems with Mourinho at Man Utd was that he never bought or even rented a property in the North West. Something to learn from really.

I know the transport links are simple now but I would be disappointed in the least if our manager didnt live in or around Newcastle. I guess it's not the be all end all though.

Or maybe it’s not just Rafa alone who has this way of working/thinking?

To be fair, a spurs mate of mine did tell me that Poch got very involved with the fans and community there, he's that sort of manager. Perhaps he's just a younger Rafa  :lol:

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/exclusive-assistant-boss-jesus-perez-15454817

Interesting bits about Pochettino's trusted right hand man - Jesus Perez ....

"...After a spell as a fitness coach with the Saudi Arabian national team and then with Saudi side Al Ittihad, reaching the Asian Champions League final, he returned to Spain looking to take six months out of a game he was becoming jaded with ..."

Caulkin knows only what the buyer chooses to tell him. He knows jack shit just like the rest of us 98% of the time. He is not the all seeing oracle that some people on here are making out!

Caulkin knows only what the buyer chooses to tell him. He knows jack shit just like the rest of us 98% of the time. He is not the all seeing oracle that some people on here are making out!

What makes you say that? Do you think he's just pretending

What makes you say that? Do you think he's just pretending

He is not pretending. But he only knows what his source chooses to tell him and he is only as up to date as his most recent information.

I’d imagine it’s seen as bad crack to be openly throwing manager’s names about when Bruce, as inept as he is, is still currently employed. Wouldn’t show them in a favourable light at all when the takeover hasn’t actually happened yet. I’ve got no doubt they’ve sounded a few people out but would never leak it directly or via Caulkin.

I’d imagine it’s seen as bad crack to be openly throwing manager’s names about when Bruce, as inept as he is, is still currently employed. Wouldn’t show them in a favourable light at all when the takeover hasn’t actually happened yet. I’ve got no doubt they’ve sounded a few people out but would never leak it directly or via Caulkin.

This. Still a third of a mess of a season to go. Absolutely no rush to announce anything or to sack Bruce whilst season still ongoing. Who knows who will become available in time. Let’s start the new regime (hopefully) by acting with a bit class after 13 years of tackiness.