The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Guest neesy111

I don't think we should sign Remy because he is a cunt that turned us down and might be getting charged with rape.  :dave:

Valid reasons.

Man up (sorry Liverpool), the other lad (QPR) had a bigger dick, she (Remy) was always going to be impressed with that. She (Remy) has realised he (QPR) promised more than he could give. She (Remy) now realises you (Newcastle) were the one she (Remy) should have chosen, your (Newcastle) hands are so blistered even wanking is too much pain.

Basically get over it, he is a quality player who would drastically improve our side and we won't be targeting anyone else of that ability because we won't pay the going rate. IF he is convicted of rape it is likely that won't be until the end of the season anyway, then we can do the 'honourable' thing and choose not to sign him permanently.

I won't get over it though and it's not just Remy, as  representative football club I'd like us to put morals above footballing reasons. I know people don't agree with this though, that's why I put it in this thread.

I won't get over it though and it's not just Remy, as  representative football club I'd like us to put morals above footballing reasons. I know people don't agree with this though, that's why I put it in this thread.

I agree with you.

plus, the Championship isn´t shit.

Guest bimpy474

I agree but in this day and age of massive money, clubs forsake that without batting an eyelid unfortunately.

Championship is littered with good clubs, It's a tough league. You've just to look a level below to see the likes of wolves, country, Sheff utd, bristol city in there to confirm it.

Glad sky are all over the other 3 divisions, it's exactly what it needs, the strength of these are important to propping up the top league, there's not a stronger second league in the world IMO, it's stronger than some top divisions as well, I'm looking at you Scotland.

The lower leagues in England are without doubt the best in the world in terms of clubs size, attendances etc.

The standard of the Championship is massively overplayed though. Quality wise it is a million miles away from the top flight.

The lower leagues in England are without doubt the best in the world in terms of clubs size, attendances etc.

The standard of the Championship is massively overplayed though. Quality wise it is a million miles away from the top flight.

The money that is pumped into the premier league though that is always going to be the case.

The money that is pumped into the premier league though that is always going to be the case.

Yeah it's not really a fair comparison. Relative to other European leagues, the Championship is quite good.

Yeah, but the premier league is not some random league :lol: Compared to other leagues, the CC is top class. pretty sure the CC is better than the Swedish league. everything depends on what you compare with.  Of course the CC is worse than the pl. but what to expect?

It's the English second-tier league, it shouldn't be close to the same level as the PL. But it's still on par with many first-tier European leagues and easily better than most European second-tier leagues.

I was looking at page 11 or 12 of this thread and people were talking about whether Nani deserved to be sent off against Real Madrid last season. Anyway I was thinking about this and I thought about whether bicycle kicks could be considered as a high foot. Take this Rooney goal for example. If Kompany didn't slip and put his head in where Rooney kicked, could Rooney have been sent off.

asdasd

Guest bimpy474

I was looking at page 11 or 12 of this thread and people were talking about whether Nani deserved to be sent off against Real Madrid last season. Anyway I was thinking about this and I thought about whether bicycle kicks could be considered as a high foot. Take this Rooney goal for example. If Kompany didn't slip and put his head in where Rooney kicked, could Rooney have been sent off.

adasd

I would say no as Rooney isn't going in studs up and endangering an opponent, which is the key with those challenges. If Kompany had his head there the goal wouldn't have counted. A high foot only comes into play when there's a head near the high foot, if you follow me.

And as with most things, it'll still be in the opinion of the ref if it's dangerous play or a genuine attempt.

I think Colo attempted a bicycle kick for a clearance last season and kicked Demba Ba flush in the face (breaking his nose iirc). Personally i think it could be seen as being dangerous play, but it is all down to how the referee interprets the situation.

I think Colo attempted a bicycle kick for a clearance last season and kicked Demba Ba flush in the face (breaking his nose iirc). Personally i think it could be seen as being dangerous play, but it is all down to how the referee interprets the situation.

Wasn't a bicycle kick and Demba stooped... But it was a decision that could've went either way...

Guest bimpy474

I can't wait until Cleverley becomes one of the top midfielders in the league this season.

http://i.imgur.com/B37Ih9K.png