The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Guest bimpy474

Martin Tyler is shit and biased to Man Utd and especially Liverpool and Gerrard.

The second bit is true but he's not shit. Still nails key moments all the time :thup:

Unpopular opinions see, i cant stand him.

Martin Tyler is s*** and biased to Man Utd and especially Liverpool and Gerrard.

Still one of the best commentators though but I'll concede that he's become annoying recently.

The cross Shearer put in for Sir Les in the 5-0 was something I don't think you'd see Ronaldo do.

Likewise for Ronaldo's dribbling and pace.

Shearer had pace before his injuries too. Yes Ronaldo was a better player but Shearer's hold up play was better than Ronaldo's. I see where  HTT is coming from.

Moke pace compared to Ronaldo, prime for prime. There's very, very little Shearer did better than Ronaldo and the things he did do better can simply be attributed to Ronaldo having no cause to use such qualities.

The cross Shearer put in for Sir Les in the 5-0 was something I don't think you'd see Ronaldo do.

Likewise for Ronaldo's dribbling and pace.

Shearer had pace before his injuries too. Yes Ronaldo was a better player but Shearer's hold up play was better than Ronaldo's. I see where  HTT is coming from.

Moke pace compared to Ronaldo, prime for prime. There's very, very little Shearer did better than Ronaldo and the things he did do better can simply be attributed to Ronaldo having no cause to use such qualities.

Can we have this debate in person when you get to Orlando man...over many, many beers?

Martin Tyler is shit and biased to Man Utd and especially Liverpool and Gerrard.

Pre Sky, he was the commentator for ITV in the North West and therefore commentated on many games involving said clubs. 

Woking fan, it says here. I know he wrote a book about the history of Arsenal, though, so I guess he likes them a bit. :undecided: Didn't realise he's 67 now. Or that he comes from Chester. Apparently I haven't delved into his history much until tonight.

From a pure tactical standpoint, Mourinho is overrated.

I sort of agree, albeit I can see why he has the reputation, just comes from making bold changes that of course one remembers the times they come off more than the times they don't. If you make an early double sub and it changes the game you'll get that reputation. Mourinho's main strength is getting his teams to feel invincible when they're on the pitch.

Pre Sky, he was the commentator for ITV in the North West and therefore commentated on many games involving said clubs. 

Woking fan, it says here. I know he wrote a book about the history of Arsenal, though, so I guess he likes them a bit. :undecided: Didn't realise he's 67 now. Or that he comes from Chester. Apparently I haven't delved into his history much until tonight.

Can remember him commentating on England games for ITV in the 80s too. Generally away games when Brian Moore wouldn't travel iirc.

Cleverly is mega average really. Never should be an International footballer in a million years. Shows how s*** this England era is. And Carrick whilst a good player, lacks pace.  As was shown in the last World Cup.

100% true.

Martin Tyler is good it's just too obvious what he is doing. He'll be really calm and quiet and then someone has a shot and he's like BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!! ......just wide. He tries to add a big emotive soundbite to goals so they sound good when watched back but when someone misses he just seems a bit like a crazy old man :)

I think Cleverley is a good player who is going to get better

I don't think the Sir Bobby Robson statue is very good, doesn't look like him

I liked Scott Parker, thought he was a good player for us and it was a mistake selling him

Glenn Roeder was a decent manager for us overall

I think Cleverley is a good player who is going to get better

I don't think the Sir Bobby Robson statue is very good, doesn't look like him

I liked Scott Parker, thought he was a good player for us and it was a mistake selling him

Glenn Roeder was a decent manager for us overall

:yao: