Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

so good, "like and share if you're for comparing unrelated things" :lol:

From F365 Mediawatch :lol: :lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, Danny Mills has solved the poppy poppycock problem. Here he is, speaking to BBC Sport:

“If the players are that insistent on wearing poppies, they should get a temporary tattoo, stick it on the back of their hand and, when the national anthems are played, put your hand on your heart and it’s there for everybody to see.

“Fifa cannot stop that. It’s no different than having a normal tattoo.”

:lol: :lol:

Absolute moron.

Glad Fifa have banned it tbh, the poppy has become a political symbol.

I somewhat disagree. It's a symbol of remembrance. However, the remembrance is for those who have fought and died for our nation which is obviously political.

Soldiers don't make wars they fight them. They deserve our respect and laws should be in place to protect them from fighting unjust wars.

FIFA are utter cunts. I'll tell you who else is as well - every footballer who played a game in early November, in or for England between 1921 and 2009 without a poppy on their shirt. Disrespectful wankers.

FIFA are utter cunts. I'll tell you who else is as well - every footballer who played a game in early November, in or for England between 1921 and 2009 without a poppy on their shirt. Disrespectful wankers.

Sounds like soldiers are due somebody's wages.

Why not since 2009? I'm sure it's blatantly obvious and I'm just thick as fuck for not knowing

Why not since 2009? I'm sure it's blatantly obvious and I'm just thick as fuck for not knowing

I'm being facetious, 2009 was the first time poppies appeared on Premier League, and subsequently England shirts. Now it's making its way into the fucking House of Commons, how much of a disgrace it is that they can't have one on the shirt for a particular game. Never seemed to bother anyone in the 88 years they went without but of course that wasn't in an era when we must all show extremely publicly how deeply sad we are about something, as much and as obviously as possible. Surprised an 11th minute applause hasn't been mooted yet.

Guest firetotheworks

Applause seems crass. Should be a minute's silence in the 11th minute. Get the players on player cam to make sure they're not whispering "man on" or kicking the ball loudly.

It absolutely is, it's blatantly because mongs can't keep quiet for a minute.