Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Wallace
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fucking shit.

If we get nothing in then it's a failure.

We need a RB, we need cover at CB, and we someone who can play on the wing and up front. This has been known all last season and all summer. So what do we do?, we let go of 2 players who can cover upfront, one of which can play on the wing, we don't bother with a RB and the best we get at CB is a youngster who is 2-3 years away from the first team, oh and we get CM/DM who we don't really need and we sell/let go players from the defence and midfield who although weren't going to start for us they still could play a job if we ran short on numbers.

The squad is weaker than the one that ended the season. A complete and utter failure from the board, but hardly suprising.

Not sure its weaker overall, just up front with backups. Big chance for vuckic, sammy, Campbell potentially

Anita has never played in England before, Guthrie proved most of last season he was a very decent cover player. We have lost Best and Loven and have failed to add a striker, meaning there is a possibilty that Shola will be our only first choice striker in January. The youngsters are exactly that, certainly don't look ready for the prem.

The squad is weaker than the one that ended the season. A complete and utter failure from the board, but hardly suprising.

Not sure its weaker overall, just up front with backups. Big chance for vuckic, sammy, Campbell potentially

Exactly. The negativity is waaaayyyy over the top, it's ALMOST funny! :lol:

Almost as over the top as the people who say we haven't had a poor window.

Before we lost anyone, at the very start of the window, we needed a fullback and a forward.

We signed neither. As black and white as that tbh.

But we dont know the reasons why, they could have decent reasons why we didn't get them over the line.

Disappointing but we certainly aren't worse off. Hope the youngsters step up and take their chance. Seems a bit silly we couldn't find one affordable right or centre back that would come mind.

Roll on the deadline and hopefully we can enjoy the season without repetitive 'fuck sake Simpson, for £1m more we would have Debuchy!!' Like comments all season.

Exactly. The negativity is waaaayyyy over the top, it's ALMOST funny! :lol:

Almost as over the top as the people who say we haven't had a poor window.

Their resolute stubbornness is ALMOST funny.

Before we lost anyone, at the very start of the window, we needed a fullback and a forward.

But we dont know the reasons why, they could have decent reasons why we didn't get them over the line.

But regardless, those were our aims and we met neither.

How is that a good/decent/alright transfer window? :lol:

Big opportunity missed.

There is a lot of this sentiment but whats the opportunity? To consolidate 5th? To break the top four (3 places are almost certainly gone)?  I'm not saying its not frustrating, or that the board haven't pulled their finger out but you get the feeling that everyone would have been reasonably satisfied had the Debuchy deal gone through. Whilst we may have been easier on the eye i'm not sure the substantive difference (i.e. European Qualification domestic cup success, Domestic League Place) any additions would have guaranteed.

The main concern for me is still cover at centre back and more generally cover in the squad. But even if players had been bought for these roles I doubt they would have had the necessary wow factor to placate fans.

Disappointing window but hardly the end of the world.

Anita has never played in England before, Guthrie proved most of last season he was a very decent cover player. We have lost Best and Loven and have failed to add a striker, meaning there is a possibilty that Shola will be our only first choice striker in January. The youngsters are exactly that, certainly don't look ready for the prem.

If you're arguing that Anita isn't as good as Guthrie you might be onto a loser there man.

We wouldn't pay an extra million or so for Debuchy, our main target.

If you're arguing that Anita isn't as good as Guthrie you might be onto a loser there man.

I'm saying he has to prove it, if you think he doesn't then your wrong.

When did I say it was a good/decent transfer window? :lol: :cheesy:

When did I say it was a good/decent transfer window? :lol: :cheesy:

I never said you did, but some are. Or at least alluding to it.

I'm saying he has to prove it, if you think he doesn't then your wrong.

Well he's been a regular for Ajax, one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Danny Guthrie is a 'decent squad player' but he never had any potential beyond that.

I just don't see how Anita v Guthrie can add anything to your argument, if you're trying to prove our midfield is worse than before.