Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

http://www.nust.org.uk

After months of discussions with interested parties, Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) is launching the 'Yes We Can' Campaign which aims to raise funds to lead a fans buy out at St James' Park. The Trust will be revealing partners over the coming days but has in place a buy out structure led by local firms and renowned names in the financial world.

The Trust is mailing out to over 40,000 supporters to ask them if and how they want to buy into the campaign to lead a city-wide bid to buy back the club.

There are a number of ways supporters can buy into the model which has been dubbed by the financial community as the 'Barcelona on the Tyne' which would see a 'democratisation' of the club to ensure that the current state of the club would not be repeated.

The idea is based on fans investing in the club through a number of financial opportunities which will be held by a local solicitors in an Escrow account to demonstrate to Ashley that the fans have 'proof of funds'. Supporters will be asked to pledge 10% of their investment into this account which would be returned if the bid was unsuccessful.

It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers.

Guest Brummiemag

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere......

Is anyone here a member? Do you think they are doing a good job in representing us?

I am a bit tempted to join after looking at their website, though as a fan based outside Newcastle I don't see I can join their activities and events.

I'm a member and I live in Birmingham - If it acts a pressure group on behalf of the fans and aims to have fan representation on the board then it has to be a good thing in my opinion

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere......

Is anyone here a member? Do you think they are doing a good job in representing us?

I am a bit tempted to join after looking at their website, though as a fan based outside Newcastle I don't see I can join their activities and events.

Alby,  i wouldn't want to tell you to join or not,  all i'd say is that if you've been on their website and like what they have to say then go ahead and join, if you think they're talking bollocks then don't.

Fwiw i'm with Brummiemag and think a Newcastle Supporters Trust is a good thing.  Living outside the area still doesn't stop you having your say as a member.

Guest toonlass

nobody.

(see what I did there, Newcastle United Supporters trust nobody)

I would be fine with it if their was a right to vote for members who can all pay a small fee or something. Under no circumstances would I support any kind of 'leader' from the group who wants to run the club or make decisions for it. On the basis that they will just eventually want more and more power for the group, I think it would just be a largely pointless distraction.

I dont particularly want presidential elections every 4 years for the club that we vote on, as this does not promote stability in any way. Can i not just have one decent chairman who isnt a prick who supports one manager in building a club over a long period of time?

I went to one of their meetings. Unfortunatly I won't be joining. Ive been a member of the Berwick Rangers Supporters Trust, who seem far more organised and know what they're doing than the Newcastle one.

I went to one of their meetings. Unfortunatly I won't be joining. Ive been a member of the Berwick Rangers Supporters Trust, who seem far more organised and know what they're doing than the Newcastle one.

Hold on. Did I see your van the other day?

• 1 month later...

I've just seen that the NUST are having another roadshow this week, Thursday 12th, at the Strawberry starting at 7.30pm.  With everything thats happened in the last week or so plus the Trust launching their plan to buy the club it could be a decent night and been in the town should attract a decent crowd although in saying that they haven't bothered advertising it yet!  i only found out by stumbling across it on their forum on their website.

I know that the NUST has plenty critics on here so maybe this is a chance to go and see what they're all about.

According to Culkin's tweet NUST are launching their "ambitious bid to buy NUFC at 10am tomorrow"

i knew it was some time this week, didn't know it was 2moro though.

Also just found out that the roadshow planned for this week has been postponed to a later date this month!

Has anyone an idea on what they're proposing without waiting for the full details tomorrow. Ive said in the past that I wasn't impressed when I went to a meeting, but it will be interesting to see who's all involved.

Just seen this on True Faith as well........

Fans Launch Buy Out

After months of discussions with interested parties, Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) is launching the 'Yes We Can' Campaign which aims to raise funs to lead a fans buy out at St James' Park. The Trust will be revealing partners over the coming days but has in place a buy out structure lead by local firms and reknowned names in the financial world. The Trust is mailing out to over 40,000 supporters to ask them if and how they want to buy into the campaign to lead a city-wide bid to buy back the club.

There are a number of ways supporters can buy into the model which has been dubbed by the financial community as the 'Barcelona on the Tyne' which would see a 'democratisation' of the club to ensure that the current state of the club would not be repeated. The idea is based on fans investing in the club through a number of financial opportunities which will be held by a local solicitors in an ESCOW account to demostrate to Ashley that the fans have 'proof of funds'. Supporters will be asked to pledge 10% of their investment into this account which would be returned if the bid was unsuccessful.

It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers.

Mark Jensen, Spokesperson for the Trust on the campaign said:

'Its clear that we have no knight in shining armour to end the charade at St James' Park so we must look at how we can do this ourselves. The club is a fantastic investment if run properly and we aim to attract the type of investors who will seek to bring back the values of integrity and honesty to the club. We've been in discussions with serious people in the city and beyond and they have thrown down the gauntlet to supporters to lead the charge. We've been obsessed by protest but this is the ulimate protest. If people want more info they can visit www.nust.org.uk and find out more. There are a range of ways to invest but fans can be sure that it will be on a 1 investor 1 vote basis with fans electing 6 fans representatives through the Trust and a President who will bring in a professional team accountable to the fans ulimately. There are serious investors who want to back this idea because they can see the potential in the club. This is an investment which is not only ruled by the heart but by the head also'.

The Trust will be launching an exciting Business Plan in the near future which will set out further how the financial model will benefit fans and investors. Over the next 6 weeks the Trust has a total to reach but they are refusing to reveal how much because 'this is clearly a commercial issue' and 'we want to negotiate with Mr Ashley on our basis not his'.

Guest toonlass

No idea, but am not keen on a fans owning the the club idea. I don't think we would ever have enough cash to compete on a high enough level to get back to where we were.

Guest toonlass

Fans Launch Buy Out

After months of discussions with interested parties, Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) is launching the 'Yes We Can' Campaign which aims to raise funs to lead a fans buy out at St James' Park. The Trust will be revealing partners over the coming days but has in place a buy out structure lead by local firms and reknowned names in the financial world. The Trust is mailing out to over 40,000 supporters to ask them if and how they want to buy into the campaign to lead a city-wide bid to buy back the club.

There are a number of ways supporters can buy into the model which has been dubbed by the financial community as the 'Barcelona on the Tyne' which would see a 'democratisation' of the club to ensure that the current state of the club would not be repeated. The idea is based on fans investing in the club through a number of financial opportunities which will be held by a local solicitors in an ESCOW account to demostrate to Ashley that the fans have 'proof of funds'. Supporters will be asked to pledge 10% of their investment into this account which would be returned if the bid was unsuccessful.

Mark Jensen, Spokesperson for the Trust on the campaign said:

'Its clear that we have no knight in shining armour to end the charade at St James' Park so we must look at how we can do this ourselves. The club is a fantastic investment if run properly and we aim to attract the type of investors who will seek to bring back the values of integrity and honesty to the club. We've been in discussions with serious people in the city and beyond and they have thrown down the gauntlet to supporters to lead the charge. We've been obsessed by protest but this is the ulimate protest. If people want more info they can visit www.nust.org.uk and find out more. There are a range of ways to invest but fans can be sure that it will be on a 1 investor 1 vote basis with fans electing 6 fans representatives through the Trust and a President who will bring in a professional team accountable to the fans ulimately. There are serious investors who want to back this idea because they can see the potential in the club. This is an investment which is not only ruled by the heart but by the head also'.

The Trust will be launching an exciting Business Plan in the near future which will set out further how the financial model will benefit fans and investors. Over the next 6 weeks the Trust has a total to reach but they are refusing to reveal how much because 'this is clearly a commercial issue' and 'we want to negotiate with Mr Ashley on our basis not his'.

More info visit www.nust.org.uk or associated Newcastle based websites.

Don't know, and if I did this would be the last place I'd post it before it was made official.

I've recently moved to Australia and joined,  so don't let distance stop you as Brummiemag's comments are spot on.

I wasn't keen on the idea at first, but they've shown me they are willing to listen and evolve which was the most important thing for me.

For too long the apathy among NUFC fans has been shameful, if NUST can pull this off this would be amazing for normal fans all over the UK.