The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Real have been a joke in the league for a long time. Do their fans care about that or will Zidane just focus on the 7 game season in the CL again?

Aside from wasting 60m on fullbacks that don't even play they haven't spent big recently. They'll have to in the summer, though.

Probably saw how well OGS was doing at Man Utd and realised that opportunity is likely gone. Had a hell of a lot of leverage to go back to Real with so hopefully he has more control and can shape them as he wants to.

Guest neesy111

Real have been a joke in the league for a long time. Do their fans care about that or will Zidane just focus on the 7 game season in the CL again?

Aside from wasting 60m on fullbacks that don't even play they haven't spent big recently. They'll have to in the summer, though.

The money is going towards the big project on the stadium, Perez wants it to be his legacy.  Suspect he'll have to scale back now.

well didn't see that coming, not sure its that bright a move personally, regardless of what promises he's been given Perez is still Perez and will do what he wants re transfers and good luck rebuilding that team it'll cost a fortune not to mention trying to move on the likes of Bale which will be next to impossible imho

Won't ruin his legacy or reputation there or anything that almost impossible barring Real getting relegated

Thought Zidane should have waited for the Juventus or Bayern or PSG job.

At those clubs he would have had a easy run at more league titles and would have easily increased his reputation further :thup:

A man like Zidane... I don't know what the league titles would mean to him. The Juve job I get - win the CL there, do something he didn't do there as a player. France job, yeh get that. But manage Bayern Munich..... why?

I know it's a silly question, but has any of the reporting mentioned how long a contract Zidane was given?

A story I read said Perez had been pushing for this since he sacked Lopetegui, but Zidane wasn't interested. Am I stupid for thinking that he's perhaps come in to fill the breach, secure CL qualification and give Perez the platform to try something else next season?

I'm firmly in the camp that he can't add to his Madrid legacy, that he'd be better going to Munich or Paris or Juve. So it satisfies my belief to also hold that perhaps he's only there until summer.

I know it's a silly question, but has any of the reporting mentioned how long a contract Zidane was given?

A story I read said Perez had been pushing for this since he sacked Lopetegui, but Zidane wasn't interested. Am I stupid for thinking that he's perhaps come in to fill the breach, secure CL qualification and give Perez the platform to try something else next season?

I'm firmly in the camp that he can't add to his Madrid legacy, that he'd be better going to Munich or Paris or Juve. So it satisfies my belief to also hold that perhaps he's only there until summer.

til 2022