Fabian Schär

Adds so much to our play when we're 3 at the back. Imagine if he scored that freekick from the halfway line

missed it.went for a piss

Guest firetotheworks

As poor as the quality is elsewhere, I can't remember the last time we had such a good set of centre backs. Clark's probably our worst and I still rate him highly for the most part.

He looks the real deal like. I thought we'd signed a mug after the Forest cup game too.

Been a very good buy for the money we paid, but he has a lot to prove and improve before we can say "looks the real deal" imho.

Great bargain.  You can’t complain given the cost.

It's almost like our Champions League winning manager can spot a player and it makes sense to back restrict him in the transfer market because he can keep us up on minimal investment.

FYP.

In the past he has bought players like Danilo, Ghoulam and Fabio Aurelio, so it's not like he can't spot attacking talent in a full back.

Fullbacks are the modern day wingers though, so it's not easy to pick up a good one for peanuts. Liverpool did exceptionally well to get Robertson for £8m - he's probably a £50m player now.

I'm sure it's possible to get better than Manquillo for £4-5m but not much better