The Title Race

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There’s a ‘type’ of Liverpool fan I can’t stand so hope Man City see it through.

So much this. But from the ones I've met, the type is fucking all of them. Man City are way more 'vanilla' too, to me.

Then there's the massive over reaction by media/liverpool fans online that'd just be unbearable

Think the fact that City can afford a draw due to their goal difference will see them through. Don't particularly like either club as both sets of fans are arogant f***ers.

City are 2 points behind, they can't afford a draw unless Liverpool lose/draw 1

Man City every day of the week.

Having lived in the area Liverpool fans are the most cringeworthy, sickly bunch of supporters going. That's before you get onto the glory fans emerging from the woodwork and the general media fawning over them.

Klopp has totally bough into the mentality too, his wide array of weather based excuses are bizarre. He's spent an absolute fortune too, yet people still ramble on like they're massive underdogs.

Hope we break their hearts in our final game at SJP, preferably 4-3 after an epic comeback.

Guest chopey

I have a £1 pre season bet on Liverpool to win the title, Huddersfield and Cardiff to be relegated and Derby and Newport to be promoted @1000/1

so .......Liverpool please.

Think the fact that City can afford a draw due to their goal difference will see them through. Don't particularly like either club as both sets of fans are arogant f***ers.

they cant, they're 2 points behind liverpool with a game in hand. draw it and its all in liverpool's hands.

I change my mind every game week. This week it’s citeh, sure next it will be Liverpool. It’s the usual chosing which way you want to die.

Can’t really fault Liverpool’s spending. They have the most expensive keeper and defender in the world as they earned it fairly, including selling their best players to Barcelona and spending wisely. Citeh buy a £50m defender, if he doesn’t cut it in 3 months they’ll buy another 2 without a second thought.

Guest firetotheworks

Having lived in the area Liverpool fans are the most cringeworthy, sickly bunch of supporters going. That's before you get onto the glory fans emerging from the woodwork and the general media fawning over them.

Klopp has totally bough into the mentality too, his wide array of weather based excuses are bizarre. He's spent an absolute fortune too, yet people still ramble on like they're massive underdogs.

Hope we break their hearts in our final game at SJP, preferably 4-3 after an epic comeback.

Within the context of going up against Man City they are.

just being brought up in the 70's and 80's has made me detest liverpool fc. canny lot are scousers but i hate that club.

their manu levels of arrogance,

1974 fa cup final,

heysel (dare i mention it),

the fans divine right to be champions,

4-3 in 1996,

4-3 the season after,

stevie g going in 2 footed just as solano was about to shoot at the gallowgate end and no penalty,

owens opening day hatrick immediately destroying our dreams of a gullit "sexy football" era,

the mythical anfield atmosphere,

the media love-in, 

etc.

Guest godzilla

they cant, they're 2 points behind liverpool with a game in hand. draw it and its all in liverpool's hands.

I that’s true thought they were a point behind

50 votes in the poll and it’s 25 each :lol:

I think City will nick it by a point or on GD.

The question is who do you want to win it, not who do you think will win it.

I voted Liverpool but I think Man City will win it.

Liverpool for me but honestly wouldn't be fussed if City win it. Don't mind either team really.

Their squad is worth circa half a billion quid.

Guest firetotheworks

Their squad is worth circa half a billion quid.

Probably, but Man City's is worth at least twice that.

City, for some reason I've always found Klopp very irritating even before he was Liverpool manager which just made things worse while City's players and Pep are all reasonably likable even if the football while technically pleasing can be a bit dull to watch. Also as has been said the media salivating over them is already hard to put up with, it would become unbearable if they actually won it.

Not got a clue who'll actually win it mind, hard to see either team dropping points but weird things can happen at this stage with that kind of pressure, good to see a title race at least. 

Guest firetotheworks

Honest question, but how does the media fawning differ from the fawning over Man City in the media? I honestly don't see any difference.

I predicted Liverpool will win at the start of the season and I maintained that even when they had the mini wobble, today's result confirms it for me.

I don't think Liverpool will drop any more points BUT can see City dropping points to Spurs and Man-U, both of them will need the points for a CL place

I predicted Liverpool will win at the start of the season and I maintained that even when they had the mini wobble, today's result confirms it for me.

I don't think Liverpool will drop any more points BUT can see City dropping points to Spurs and Man-U, both of them will need the points for a CL place

Aye, like Chelsea today

Why would anyone want Man City to win the league? Fuck that manufactured fake shit

Liverpool have much in common with us as well as the players who have played for the both of our clubs / footballing working class city etc etc

Besides, be fresh for the league to see someone else win it for a change once more

Something about Manchester City has always rubbed me the wrong way, even compared to Chelsea and PSG. Chelsea happened when I was a young teen and were pretty much always a big club in my understanding of the league from far away, and PSG were always a a dormant giant in Ligue 1 with great support. Manchester City were one of the most nondescript clubs in the league and then were essentially turned into an advertising extension of the UAE government overnight and were buying Robinho immediately. It never seemed real to me, and frankly diminished the league for me. At least Abramovich was someone that I could identify in the crowd on the broadcast and treat as a villain. Man City were just a non-entity that were suddenly dominant because of some shadowy figure that doesn't even bother showing up to matches or seem to be interested at all. I will always be against them in their current format, tbh.

Something about Manchester City has always rubbed me the wrong way, even compared to Chelsea and PSG. Chelsea happened when I was a young teen and were pretty much always a big club in my understanding of the league from far away, and PSG were always a a dormant giant in Ligue 1 with great support. Manchester City were one of the most nondescript clubs in the league and then were essentially turned into an advertising extension of the UAE government overnight and were buying Robinho immediately. It never seemed real to me, and frankly diminished the league for me. At least Abramovich was someone that I could identify in the crowd on the broadcast and treat as a villain. Man City were just a non-entity that were suddenly dominant because of some shadowy figure that doesn't even bother showing up to matches or seem to be interested at all. I will always be against them in their current format, tbh.

You are wrong about Chelsea, they have never been a big club.

Agree with all of that. They're also really boring to watch, just completely kill games when they are on top

You are wrong about Chelsea, they have never been a big club.

But they were winning trophies. League, FA, Uefa. It seemed like the next progression. It made it easier to stomach.