Miguel Almirón

Deuce

The ball he played out to Ritchie just before the 2nd goal..... Is that what is classed as a key pass? 

I was really impressed with him.  You can see he’s constantly looking to do things quickly and move the ball forward if possible.  His passing looks decent and i cant remember too many sloppy bits of play from him, which you often see when a player is new to the league.  Looks like he could be a top player for us.

Agreed. He wants to do things quickly but he's alo quick to recognise when it's not on, and has the composure to retain possession..

Seen a stat on Instagram that while Naby Keita has played 1059 mins, he's created 6 chances. Almiron has played 99 and created 7. :lol: I know they play largely different positions, but considering the quality players in front-of and around Keita, it looks impressive for Wor Miggy.

The ball he played out to Ritchie just before the 2nd goal..... Is that what is classed as a key pass? 

A key pass is a pass that leads directly to a shot on goal. It's basically an assist without a goal being scored. Kind of dumb, but anything else would be too subjective.

A key pass is a pass that leads directly to a shot on goal. It's basically an assist without a goal being scored. Kind of dumb, but anything else would be too subjective.

Ah ok got it!  Cheers!  👍

Love the look of this lad. Doesn’t look like he’s got loads of skills, or perhaps the dribbling skills of top level wingers. But he is rapid, direct, makes some intelligent runs off the ball and generally gets in good positions. His passing and how tidy with the ball he is, have been what’s impressed me most. As I didn’y expect that at all. Not this early on, at least.

Reminds me of a Playmobil man for some reason.

Guest chopey

Getting pelters tonight, but he will be a superstar next season under Rafa, he'll be with the kids next year under Big Sam tho

Guest godzilla

Dunno why hes getting pelters. Others were worse like.

I thought he was probably our best player, though that's not saying mch tonight mind. Push hm into the number 10 role and although maybe controversial but play Shelvey as he is the only player who can play good quality through balls on a regular basis.

Not sure why people would single out Almiron for criticism. I'd say him and Diame were our best 2 players today in my opinion. They looked to get it forward while everyone else was set on playing it sideways or back to the defense.

His positioning movement and decision making was poor yesterday especially in the first half.

When West Ham has us under pressure trying to get the second goal they were pressing Schar and Lejeune and Longstaff which left responsibility to Hayden and Lascelles to get the ball out.

However on occasion when trying to regain control of the posession they needed a short option towards the edge of our third. Almiron was one second there, the next he was already bursting forward, forcing Hayden and Lascelles to make riskier more speculative passes. Ultimately that failure to end West Ham’s dominance was down to Almiron’s decision making which in turn indirectly led to the second goal.

I’m sure he’ll improve this under Rafa’s tutelage, but if he doesn’t there is going to be a problem.