Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

What about Shelvey in the 10?  I know it kind of goes against what Rafa wants in that position and Shelvey is better getting on the ball deep.  But Perez doesn't really offer much and the other option is Diame. 

Would love to see all 3 on the pitch together at some point. 

What about Shelvey in the 10?  I know it kind of goes against what Rafa wants in that position and Shelvey is better getting on the ball deep.  But Perez doesn't really offer much and the other option is Diame. 

Would love to see all 3 on the pitch together at some point.

:thup:

PlayMerino as the 10

I'm not sure.  Shelvey is the one with the better shot, but also the less mobile and is a bit of a liability defensively. 

I think they'd make a great midfield 3, the same as what we played under KK the second time around. 

He just seemed very weak and a strange panic seemed to set in when he had the ball, tbh the West Ham game apart that's been his season so far. He was excellent against West Ham, not sure why he reverted back against Swansea, will be lucky to keep his place against stoke.

Because he wasn't pressed against West Ham, his first touch is very average and anyone who puts him under pressure gets joy from it. I like him a lot and has a lot of positive traits to his game, but this won't be the last time this season his technique will be called into question.

He just seemed very weak and a strange panic seemed to set in when he had the ball, tbh the West Ham game apart that's been his season so far. He was excellent against West Ham, not sure why he reverted back against Swansea, will be lucky to keep his place against stoke.

Because he wasn't pressed against West Ham, his first touch is very average and anyone who puts him under pressure gets joy from it. I like him a lot and has a lot of positive traits to his game, but this won't be the last time this season his technique will be called into question.

Aye it's that first touch.

Guest firetotheworks

Shelvey's a liability as things stand. I can't see Rafa feeling comfortable trusting him yet. Merino and Hayden are capable and while Hayden doesn't have the strengths that Shelvey has, it works both ways. I'd keep things as they are at the moment.

Full game the U23s when both Aarons and Sterry played a half might suggest he isn't likely to start vs Stoke.

He asked to play, he hasn't played 90 mins since the Wolfsburg friendly. He needed it and next game isn't until the weekend so plenty of time to recover.

Shelvey's a liability as things stand. I can't see Rafa feeling comfortable trusting him yet. Merino and Hayden are capable and while Hayden doesn't have the strengths that Shelvey has, it works both ways. I'd keep things as they are at the moment.

Really ? He is more of a liability than Ritchie who could have been sent off in 2 of the 4 games we played already. Stop being a drama queen, Shelvey has been sent off legitimately once in his Newcastle career.

Guest firetotheworks

Really ? He is more of a liability than Ritchie who could have been sent off in 2 of the 4 games we played already. Stop being a drama queen, Shelvey has been sent off legitimately once in his Newcastle career.

Aye, and it was only a few games ago, hence 'as things stand'. This fucking board recently, man.

And this is why you're the worst poster on this forum.

Making too much sense for the rest of us, ye knaa :coolsmiley:

He was daft getting involved in the stuff with Lansbury last year and the whole racism thing wasn't exactly brilliant