Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

I thought he had a good game, a couple of rash tackles aside.

That's not my issue with him, his first touch is very erratic and struggles under pressure. He can get away with it in the Championship but in the PL it results in either giving the ball away or the ball just stopping.

He's not alone though, a lot of the team struggle under pressure.

I know Colback shouldn't be used as the yard stick. But after 3 season of the ginger cunt, I can't believe the criticism Hayden is getting after 2 PL games, when we've watched literally 100 with that useless tit chasing players like a moth round a candle :lol:

I thought he had a good game, a couple of rash tackles aside.

That's not my issue with him, his first touch is very erratic and struggles under pressure. He can get away with it in the Championship but in the PL it results in either giving the ball away or the ball just stopping.

He's not alone though, a lot of the team struggle under pressure.

I know Colback shouldn't be used as the yard stick. But after 3 season of the ginger cunt, I can't believe the criticism Hayden is getting after 2 PL games, when we've watched literally 100 with that useless tit chasing players like a moth round a candle [emoji38]

You're acting like Colback didn't get criticised at all. He did and deservedly so

You're acting like Colback didn't get criticised at all. He did and deservedly so

Not at all. I just mean after that many games of watching Jack, I thought people would be more patient before laying into Hayden when he's obviously far better than our recent geordie alternative.

He covers ground, he's leggy so gets tackles and blocks in. He also passes and runs forward. All positives, and especially considering he's like 22. I want the lad to succeed here, but if he's getting pelted 2 games into his PL career, and compared to Alan Smith then whats the point? :lol:

We had the rubbish being written about Merino yesterday, now we are getting more bollocks written about Hayden today.

Saying he had a bad game isn't writing someone off he just had a bad game. The whole team did.

If the whole team did then why single out the 22 year old playing his first full season at this level?

We had the rubbish being written about Merino yesterday, now we are getting more bollocks written about Hayden today.

Saying he had a bad game isn't writing someone off he just had a bad game. The whole team did.

If the whole team did then why single out the 22 year old playing his first full season at this level?

Mainly because a lot of other people were saying he was great and i disagreed with that assessment. The exact same could be said for Hayden, who is also young and in his first season at this level.

I like him but was hoping he'd be the back up DM this year. Never felt confident in him as a starter for us this season.

Hope we can get a more polished DM still, but seems a bit hopeful at this stage really.

Guest taps01

Merino rightly getting all the plaudits today but Hayden was very good as well. The two of them in there absolutely dominated West Ham.

Merino rightly getting all the plaudits today but Hayden was very good as well. The two of them in there absolutely dominated West Ham.

Merino was very good on the ball but a lot of the freedom he got to express himself was down to the work done by Hayden, excellent today  :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

He's got potential this lad. Hopefully Rafa can get it out of him because I already really like his tenacity.

Merino was very good on the ball but a lot of the freedom he got to express himself was down to the work done by Hayden, excellent today  :thup:

Yep. Does the easy to overlook dirty work very well. Closes down, cuts out angles, as well making/finding space in busy areas. Great attitude/sound lad as well

I'd be playing Hayden against games when we know we're going to be under the cosh a bit more, but against teams at home who we might expect to have more of the ball I'd like to see Merino and Shelvey together.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor on the ball. Awful first touch today. Diame was much better. In danger of losing his position.

No he's not, hes been one of our better players this season, has a poor game, must be dropped. He also has a class attitude.

Poor on the ball. Awful first touch today. Diame was much better. In danger of losing his position.

Diame had much more time and space to operate in due to the game being stretched.

Hayden's not in the team to be a creative outlet, he does his job absolutely fine.