Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Time for Chancel to lace up his midfield boots. Or Colback just to play every game.

Mbemba should come into serious consideration surely? With Anita, Tiote and Hayden all out of the picture, we are desperately short of a decent defensive midfield option.

Guest palnese

It's almost as if this was going to happen what with him playing regularly in his first full season and a real lack of alternatives. Shame he's such a soft player and always needs treatment, should be playing through this injury if he had anything about him

http://cdn4.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dawson_Crying.gif

Hahahaha! Well you really couldn't make this up. Of course Hayden gets injured and not Colback. Yes, of course that would happen. I mean why not? Why not? I mean having it happen the other way around would just be inconsiderate right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!!

I'd play Diame alongside Shelvey and just leave Perez where he is. Unfortunately that's not going to happen and Colback will be a guaranteed starter for the next few games.

Who would play the defensive midfielder in that partnership? Shelvey I presume. Not ideal, but I suppose he wouldn't be any worse defensively than Colback.

I'd play Diame alongside Shelvey and just leave Perez where he is. Unfortunately that's not going to happen and Colback will be a guaranteed starter for the next few games.

Who would play the defensive midfielder in that partnership? Shelvey I presume. Not ideal, but I suppose he wouldn't be any worse defensively than Colback.

Well Colback doesn't offer any protection to the back four anyways, giving away ridiculous fouls in dangerous areas should stop so it couldn't be worse. I'd rather it be Diame and Shelvey, than Colback with anyone else.

Well Colback doesn't offer any protection to the back four anyways, giving away ridiculous fouls in dangerous areas should stop so it couldn't be worse. I'd rather it be Diame and Shelvey, than Colback with anyone else.

Yeah I made the same point, just wasn't sure which of the two would be expected to play the holding role since Shelvey and Diame are attacking midfielders usually.