Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

I'm not sure how he f***ed up by letting him go tbh. You can be a good player and not be good enough for Arsenal, it's not really a criticism of a player.

I know right :lol:

They're bringing guys like Iwobi, Coquelin and Bellerin through. Think they're doing alright :lol:

Can we just be thankful to monsieur Wenger maybe :lol:

Holding is a centre back, and a pretty promising one at that from what I saw of him for Arsenal in pre season and early on this season.

You what?

Just my opinion sir!

Michael Holding ?

Holding back the years ?

Holding out for a hero ?

Oh and Arsenal also signed a young Nigerian midfielder Nwankali this summer, from the Nigeria under 18 team that previously won their world cup, and he is absolute quality. They know what they're doing.

How old is he, 40?

Holding is a centre back, and a pretty promising one at that from what I saw of him for Arsenal in pre season and early on this season.

You what?

Just my opinion sir!

Michael Holding ?

Holding back the years ?

Holding out for a hero ?

The bowler's Holding, the Kaka's mental.

You what?

Just my opinion sir!

Michael Holding ?

Holding back the years ?

Holding out for a hero ?

He's talking about Rob Holding at Arsenal

You what?

Just my opinion sir!

Michael Holding ?

Holding back the years ?

Holding out for a hero ?

The bowler's Holding, the Kaka's mental.

I am noticing that  :lol:

Feel like people are going a bit over board with Hayden. He is looking like a very good player at this level and is still very young, but people need to remember that he's barely even arrived here. Talk about Wenger fucking up for selling is daft as hell :lol:

Probably as close to an "all-round" central midfielder we've had since, I dunno... Rob Lee? I'm not directly comparing the two, just that all our central midfielders for years have only ticked one or two boxes... usually the ones marked "tackling", "shooting" or "unfit" but rarely much else.

(Any suggestions of Cabaye can gtfo)

Not all-round but Cabaye's only been bettered (comfortably, I might add) by Lee and Speed imo.

Cabaye wasn't so much of an all rounder though, while his passing was out of this world, he wasn't quick enough to be a box to box player like Lee and Speed. Hayden is much more capable of doing that role than anyone else we've had for ages.

He was like, the closest you'll get anyway without being an absolute beast who bosses every area of the field. He got stuck in and had a great passing range, could score goals and take set pieces (even though that part of his game was half stifled by Pardew being fucking shite).

th

Not going to disagree with any of that, but I always felt that because he wasn't so quick across the ground, he ended up giving away a lot of fouls. Maybe I'm just picky but I really do like my central midfielders to be able to get from box to box quickly. Cabaye always struck me as someone who would be most effective when he's given a specific area of the pitch to patrol, whether that's in his own half or the opposition's. I was surprised he failed at PSG tbh, you would have thought he would be ideal for the French league and CL football.

Pure box to box central midfielders don't really exist these days, so it's a bit of a pointless debate.

At the top level, not so much. they can in the position we are in, to the point where I wouldn't want Rafa to play with a definite 4-2-3-1 (like we did at the start of the season) for the rest of the league season.

Hayden is healing some of those Abeid wounds man. Abeid was the closest we had to this kind of midfielder.

Would love to get Mehdi back in the fold. Had a lot of promise, wasted by the shitheads who managed us. Given a chance under Rafa...