Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

More reserved in his role today than the last couple. Definitely think he's more than a DM; he loves a solid challenge, aye, but impressed with some of his bursts and passing.

Alongside Colback he looks , and has to be, more 'progressive', alongside Shelvey he is going to have to sweep-up and cover more. Thankfully he's flexible, intelligent, has a bit of grit and self-belief, and reads the game really well. He's a proper modern (for that read traditional) central midfielder. Can do it all, but prioritises the good of the team and does what's needed.

He sounded bright, but unfortunately not bright enough to duck that question about the thickest team mate.

Everyone will take it brutally seriously. Can see Hayden being sold and Shelvey quit playing football.

Based on last night.  This guy is our best signing of the summer and represents great value. 

I'm not sure I remember him giving the ball away?  He wins a lot in the air, solid in the tackle, plays off both feet and just always looks so assured in possession.  He obviously took offence to Jonjo pinging diagonals.  So he pulled off an even better one to Ritchie, then another a minute later off his left foot. 

Everyone played well and there were so many good performances from the attacking players.  But if not for Shelvey basically being a 10/10.  He would have been my MOTM.

Based on last night.  This guy is our best signing of the summer and represents great value. 

I'm not sure I remember him giving the ball away?  He wins a lot in the air, solid in the tackle, plays off both feet and just always looks so assured in possession.  He obviously took offence to Jonjo pinging diagonals.  So he pulled off an even better one to Ritchie, then another a minute later off his left foot. 

Everyone played well and there were so many good performances from the attacking players.  But if not for Shelvey basically being a 10/10.  He would have been my MOTM.

Great to hear, he's very quickly become an essential player in midfield for us and one we were severely lacking. His ability to put his foot in and be aggressive but also be athletic and good on the ball sets him apart from the majority of players in this league. Works really well with Shelvey and we got him for a relative pittance, could turn out to be a great signing.

We've gone from giving the ball to someone and just watch and hope that the player can do something on his own, to actually working as a fluid and organised unit and letting the ball do the job with lots of movement and quick play from one side to another or between opposition lines. So much more effective as a football team. I fucking love it.