Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

first time i have seen this lad play and thought he looked decent, was good for 60 mins but faded in the 2nd half.  Plenty more to come from him and looks like we have a potentially top player in the making.

Anita.

No, i'm sick of seeing two defensive midfielders, i was sick of seeing it in the Premiership let alone in the Championship.

Why we can't have Hayden in front of the defence and then Shelvey and Diame in front of him if it's to be one up front, unfortunately that's not going to happen as Rafa is basically commited to two holding players almost 100% of the time.

Possibly. I wasn't mega impressed by him, but he looks like a player who constantly has a good awareness of his surroundings. As a DM though, I'd have liked to see him be a bit snappier in the tackle, but it's been one match.

He doesn't seem to be your Mascherano all action type but more of a Busquets in that he anticipates stuff and keeps possession ticking over. (I know Busquets is passing is better than that but you know what I mean)

Possibly. I wasn't mega impressed by him, but he looks like a player who constantly has a good awareness of his surroundings. As a DM though, I'd have liked to see him be a bit snappier in the tackle, but it's been one match.

He doesn't seem to be your Mascherano all action type but more of a Busquets in that he anticipates stuff and keeps possession ticking over. (I know Busquets is passing is better than that but you know what I mean)

This is what I thought as well, he looks to have modeled his game on Busquets.

Head and Shoulders above everyone else last night, our best player by miles.

I don't get this, yeah he had a very good first half, but there's no way in hell he was better than Ritchie. No way.

Played well but most of the time he was just ticking things over under little or no pressure. The whole team needs to shift 15 yards up the pitch and get beyond the ball and provide options to the bloke in possession. Too many men behind the ball, too conservative and a lack of options in the final third. He's not the problem but we need to change the approach.

Like the look of him.  But he needs someone next to him that can carry the ball forward and look to pass forward, as well.  Spent about an hour just passing it sideways, backwards and then hoofing it from the back.  We created sod all.

Played well but most of the time he was just ticking things over under little or no pressure. The whole team needs to shift 15 yards up the pitch and get beyond the ball and provide options to the bloke in possession. Too many men behind the ball, too conservative and a lack of options in the final third. He's not the problem but we need to change the approach.

Naah, he dribbled past Fulham midfielders couple of times, wanted for the ball all the time, made few important tackles. Just needs someone better next to him. Faded in the second half of course.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Anyone who was at the game comment on how he did defensively?

Mate said he made a very good tackle first half that basically stopped a goal.