Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Still one of the most entertaining players playing the game. Saint-Maximin is brilliant but he's not quite on Hatem's level for me. Anyone who claims to enjoy or love football has to simply admire him.

This. I was always a bit mystified with a section of the fan base, mostly online mind, that seemed to want to do down his ability. Just enjoy what you’re watching, he’s a one in a million type of footballer.

Both 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Such a talent! He could have had an incredible career here if only he'd been managed properly. I don't doubt he would have been hard to handle, but the best players usually are. Just unlucky for him that the 2 managers he had in England were Alan Pardew and Steve Bruce. We're already seeing the negative impact Bruce is having on ASM, the nearest type of player we currently have to HBA.

He's also constantly anticipating the defender's ideas.

The best thing is when he just pushes the ball into the exact little area of space where nobody can reach it, even in very tight spaces. The amount of anticipation and control going on at such high speed is amazing.