Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Random thought: The other day I was thinking about Ronaldinho and how he’s somewhat forgotten. When people talk about the best players of the last two decades they talk about Messi, C-Ron, Zidane, Fat Ronaldo, Figo possibly...may be forgetting someone. In my book Ronaldinho is right up there alongside those players.

Ok :coat:

Rivaldo then, how do you rate him? Is he up there?

I wouldn't say so, but Village Idiot[/member] might disagree. I think there was a dip in quality at the top around the turn of the millenium tbh. Rivaldo, Figo, Nedved etc were mint, but I always felt like there were slim pickings and the quality wasn't as good as what came before and after it.

I get what Collage is saying like, Messi and Ronaldo have taken it to a level where Ronaldinho's maybe been a victim of it, but I still hear people mention him a lot like and I don't think he'll be as overlooked in the all time stakes as the incredible players who played at the same time as Messi and Ronaldo possibly will. Xavi, Iniesta, Suarez, and loads of others might fall by the wayside in future debates despite being easily on the same level or higher as most of the best players in the world that came before those two. Iniesta in particular would be talked about alongside, if not seen as better than Zidane imo (not to kick that debate off again like :lol:)