Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

MOTD doing top ten best goals, PL and FA Cup. Only just started catching up so I might be being too hasty. Volleys is a big issue for me, though. There's so many amazing volleys but many of the very best don't get a look in. As good as all these were, Robert's v Spurs is better than the likes of Henry against ManU, Van Persie against Villa (which isn't even his best volley) or Rooney against us. Di Canio, fair enough, that one was special. Kasami too, though that may yet appear.

Was Tiotes in there? Not the best shot at all, but must be one of the most iconic ones.

Valid point made in the replies - why is Talksport posting reminders of when their presenters were utter twats?

Because it gives them they attention they live off?

Mersons football analysis aside, you cant help but admire his battle against addiction and his openness towards mental health.

Watching Harry's heros, its wonderful to see men in 2020 talking so openly about these issues. Lee Hendrie tried to kill himself, Ruddock gets a pacemaker, Vinnie Jones lost his wife and Harry Redknapp lost his friend in a car crash which he survived.

Footballers doing good things.  :thup:

Mersons football analysis aside, you cant help but admire his battle against addiction and his openness towards mental health.

Watching Harry's heros, its wonderful to see men in 2020 talking so openly about these issues. Lee Hendrie tried to kill himself, Ruddock gets a pacemaker, Vinnie Jones lost his wife and Harry Redknapp lost his friend in a car crash which he survived.

Footballers doing good things.  :thup:

It was great. Owen showed himself up as usual. Arrived, made a scene about him and his achievements then sneaked off without a wimper.

this line from the guardians report confuses me

The club also argues that Sega and SI have infringed its trademark over its logo by not using the official Manchester United crest in the game, instead “replacing the club crest with a simplified red and white striped logo”.

United claims this “deprives the registered proprietor of its right to have the club crest licensed”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/22/manchester-united-sues-football-manager-makers-over-use-of-name

The club also argues that Sega and SI have infringed its trademark over its logo by not using the official Manchester United crest in the game, instead “replacing the club crest with a simplified red and white striped logo”.

United claims this “deprives the registered proprietor of its right to have the club crest licensed”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/22/manchester-united-sues-football-manager-makers-over-use-of-name

They're sueing them for not infringing on their copyright and denying them the opportunity to sue.

Guest Carrick18

I'm always amazed that there's not someone in the room shouting 'this is going to make us look like massive t***s'.

I'm always amazed that there's no someone in the room shouting 'this is going to make us look like massive twats'.

They gotta create work for themselves in order to prove they are adding value to the company. Straight out of the UK contractors 101 book.

Brentford are in a massively unusual position.

This was to be their last year at their current stadium before moving into their new stadium next season. The stadium would have been completed by now had the virus not delayed the construction, however Brentford would have played all their remaining homes games at the current stadium in anyway.

The thing is though they cannot host any games at their new stadium until it has been given a safety certificate. In order to gain a safety certificate they need to hosts test events with people, which would not be possible due to social distancing rules.

Brentford also aren’t able to keep their old stadium as it would cost too much having 2 stadiums, and a contract to sell their existing stadium and move out of it by a certain date has already been signed.

They may have 2 stadiums at the moment, but nowhere to play.