Antonio Barreca

Guest Howaythetoon

Switch him to RWB he would do a better job than Yedlin.

Based on? Yedlin has had a decent season and was one of our better players at the weekend spoiled by that one stupid moment of idiocy.

Guest Howaythetoon

From what I’ve gathered Rafa rates him, but he’s way off the pace and he only agreed to his signing because the alternative was no-one. His preferred choice not even considered at all.

This is just another example of what Rafa has to work with, a player he has the use of, but is of no use until he can be brought upto speed tactically and in terms of fitness. The right-back equiverlent of Joselu basically. Rafa could at least work on him though and try and do something with him.

Work which the conditions and environment of a pre-season are more ideal to assist in helping with than a small window of time during a busy period where relegation is at risk. Rafa would rather play someone out of position first because at least they will be fit, tactically tuned into his methods, have an understanding with team-mates and be more capable of following any instructions.

All key components Rafa uses to strengthen his players and team by in order to achieve results. Tried and trusted methods he has shown works that he rarely takes a risk with not even when a player is so more talented than anyone else to justify deviating from.

Not that he has ever had a player of such talent to lure him into any kind of temptation...

The sad thing is the club are wasting more money signing these kind of players on loan than actually spending money on whoever Rafa prefers, ultimately however, the waste is all Rafas. A waste of his time and effort. Wasted on the club who has wasted this time with Rafa.

I sincereley hope he does leave, backing or not, because he’s far too good for Newcastle.

I don’t subscribe to the Rafa is too good for this club mentality even though I get what you’re coming from. We’re all technically too good to be supporters of a club owned by MA. Rather I’m always of the opinion the that he and we can weather the MA storm. I fear where we go and our demise if Rafa goes and we fall apart for good.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t subscribe to the Rafa is too good for this club mentality even though I get what you’re coming from. We’re all technically too good to be supporters of a club owned by MA. Rather I’m always of the opinion the that he and we can weather the MA storm. I fear where we go and our demise if Rafa goes and we fall apart for good.

He’s far too good for us, by which I mean professionally, as manager of these players, the club we are under Ashley and  the kind of budget he works with etc. I.e. the club in the realm of the now and present. Newcastle United as an idea of course for us is the greatest football club in the world as the song goes, no doubt even if only in our own heads and based on nothing but sentiment and unconditional devotion. But in reality, Rafa is CL and we are Championship. Again he’s far too good for us.

• 1 month later...
The absence of Antonio Barreca confirmed him as the Newcastle player with the shortest-ever competitive senior career for the club - a whole four minutes against Spurs at Wembley.

In club tradition he is definitely going on to be Italy's first choice left back following a £30m move to Inter or whatever. 

In all honestly, competition in the squad is good.  Ritchie really stepped up his game and didn't give Barreca a sniff.

• 1 month later...

:lol:

The Italian-born left back spent the second half of last season on loan at Newcastle where he made one appearance totalling four minutes - believed to be the shortest active senior career in our entire history.