Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I know what I was watching last season, and Longstaff definitely looked a player. But then with Rafa his role was very clear, and he knew exactly where his team mates were running. Obviously if you are a central midfielder, little things like that make the difference. And by little things, I mean coaching.

It can’t be easy playing in the centre with Joelinton as centre forward and now Bentaleb beside you. Longstaff and Hayden were by far our best pairing last year but they were helped by having Perez and Rondon in the team. Having a non existent centre forward and not knowing where ASM and Almiron might be really doesn’t help.

Longstaff needs things to be organised around him, as each game goes by we lose a little more discipline, shape and confidence. There’s worse to come, I’m sure of it.

As shite as it is, Hayden has to play. He can at least sort of run and kind of tackle. Two CMs without that is a recipe for regular humpings.

Which is why I question wor Steve's tactical acumen. For me you want two CM's who can go end to end and put a shift in. I just don't get how you can play two who just want to operate in a 10yd circle and wait for the ball to arrive.

Guest Howaythetoon

As shite as it is, Hayden has to play. He can at least sort of run and kind of tackle. Two CMs without that is a recipe for regular humpings.

He’s shite as well, how bad are we where the thought of Hayden playing is considered making us better. He’s the ultimate nothing player, at least a Shelvey who is turbo shit can pass and get the odd goal in 30 games.

Championship midfield at best, Championship squad no doubt. Almiron, the ‘keeper Schar and Fernandez aside. The rest are shite. It’s remarkable what Rafa achieved with them.

He’s shite as well, how bad are we where the thought of Hayden playing is considered making us better. He’s the ultimate nothing player, at least a Shelvey who is turbo shit can pass and get the odd goal in 30 games.

Championship midfield at best, Championship squad no doubt. Almiron, the ‘keeper Schar and Fernandez aside. The rest are shite. It’s remarkable what Rafa achieved with them.

See my reply above. I don't want a CM who only operates in a small area of the pitch because he's either too lazy or just not fit for purpose. I'd pick Hayden every time over Shelvey or Bentaleb. And I agree, Hatden's not good enough.

See my reply above. I don't want a CM who only operates in a small area of the pitch because he's either too lazy or just not fit for purpose. I'd pick Hayden every time over Shelvey or Bentaleb. And I agree, Hatden's not good enough.

That's really naive and obviously born out of a personal grudge towards the player. It's no coincidence our ability to create, score and win has gone completely since Shelvey has been injured. He's comfortably the best CM we have and he's the only player in the squad capable of playing a defence splitting pass. Without him we're left with 4 workmanlike CMs who contribute absolutely fuck all offensively to our play. Like him or not, Shelvey is an absolutely key player.

Really looking forward to Shelvey coming back.

He'll play long balls back to the opposition and fail to cover people defensively leaving us even more vulnerable at the back.

It's really surprising people now imagine him to be an answer to our problems.

There is no player that is an answer to our problems under this manager.

Really looking forward to Shelvey coming back.

He'll play long balls back to the opposition and fail to cover people defensively leaving us even more vulnerable at the back.

It's really surprising people now imagine him to be an answer to our problems.

There is no player that is an answer to our problems under this manager.

This, absolutely. Funny how most of the team have regressed since Rafa went and Bwucie arrived. Apart from an overworked Dubravka, I think every player is now worth half of their last seasons value. Our loan signings (Bwucies loan signings!) have added zero to the team. I won't even mention our non goal scoring £40 million centre forward.

Thanks Bruce.